VOGONS

Primal Rage

Topic actions

First post, by TTKScorpion

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

So I am having this irritating issue with Primal Rage, I am able to install the game fine and the game runs well, however when I try to use the keyboard to do special moves they just won't do them properly. For example blizzard his flying punch is hold 1+3 back forward.......if I do this nothing happens but if I hold those 2 buttons (u and N) and spam back forward (z and c) he will do the move maybe twice then it stops working I have to spam back forward again. I have tried multiple dos box version with the same result, Hell I even tried installing the game on my old compaq that is running windows 98 but the game lagged so bad I was unable to test it, I have also tried this on multiple computers running dos box with the same issue. Any idea why this is happening?

Reply 1 of 3, by wbahnassi

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Sounds like the keyboard can't handle that key combo. This is very common in modern and even older (but cheap) keyboards. Usually you are ok with a 2-key hold, but the third key is usually the problem. Certain keys will work while others will simply not register.

Man, I used to play Mortal Kombat with my brother head-to-head on the same keyboard, and we were both doing moves and blocking without trouble. That keyboard probably handled 6 simultaneous keys without issues.

Reply 2 of 3, by TTKScorpion

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
wbahnassi wrote on 2024-02-09, 04:12:

Sounds like the keyboard can't handle that key combo. This is very common in modern and even older (but cheap) keyboards. Usually you are ok with a 2-key hold, but the third key is usually the problem. Certain keys will work while others will simply not register.

Man, I used to play Mortal Kombat with my brother head-to-head on the same keyboard, and we were both doing moves and blocking without trouble. That keyboard probably handled 6 simultaneous keys without issues.

I actually thought this might an issue at first and went and tested the keyboard on a site and I was able to hold 6 buttons at once. The site was keyboard test space or something like that. I did try it with different keys with the same result

Reply 3 of 3, by petran79

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I remember that issue even on an actual DOS machine when I had the CD version. I could only do special moves with 3 keys, but anything that required 4 presses at once was not feasible on ps/2 keyboards.