VOGONS

First post, by rachmaninoffff

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Would greatly appreciate some specificy on the command or prompts get dosbox .63 to run this game. Need step by step by step help in the mount command dynamic. Am confused how to run dosbox in general. Wish I had someone guide me throught this. Am dying to play archimedean dynasty. Am runing xp pro. The game has to play from a cd rom disk.
Best reards,
David

Reply 5 of 6, by Ihmemies

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Anyways... I once tried to run Archimedean Dynasty with dosbox, and I succeeded. It was only too slow, sound in bases was fubared and performance in missions was seconds per frame. At least the intro was as cool as usual. With current processors and no hardware support it will take years until this game runs. 2016 maybe? 😀

Reply 6 of 6, by Flaser

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

The game runs fine in Windows XP. (Due hardware idiosyncracies your experience may vary). You need NOLFB (a utility that forces the videocards VESA support to kick in) running though. With VDMSound it plays like a charm.

Ironnicaly though, under Windows I had trouble with the cinematics, as the sound would stop after a while and I would be treated to a mute high framerate slideshow....guess thats what I will use Dosbox for.

'Definition: 'Love' is making a shot to the knees of a target 120 kilometers away using an Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope.' - HK-47