VOGONS

First post, by Lexrst

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I am very new to MUNT and I'm attempting to recreate some music originally composed on an MT-100 using my DAW (Cakewalk) and the MUNT VSTi. I have successfully recorded a drum track using channel 10 and I'd like to record additional tracks on channels 2-9 but I cannot figure out how to change the default sounds loaded on those channels. Is there a way to do that via the GUI or am I going to need to do some sysex work (of which I know nothing)?

Any assistance is appreciated!

-Lexrst

screenshot.png
Filename
screenshot.png
File size
18.57 KiB
Views
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 1 of 3, by Falcosoft

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Lexrst wrote:

Is there a way to do that via the GUI or am I going to need to do some sysex work (of which I know nothing)?

You simply have to send Program Change messages to the channels you wish to change. I do not know if you can do this real-time in Cakewalk but in Cubase you can.
But I'm sure you can set permanent Program Change messages in midi tracks in any DAW (including CakeWalk). Also it's better since this way Program Change messages are saved with your project. SysEx messages are only required if you want to change the default MT-32/GM sound banks. For the predefined 128 MT-32/GM instruments no SysEx messages are required.
BTW there is a better topic discussing Munt VSTi related issues here:
Falcosoft Soundfont Midi Player + Munt VSTi + BassMidi VSTi
I only found your post accidentally.

munvsti_pc1.jpg
Filename
munvsti_pc1.jpg
File size
260.59 KiB
Views
File license
munvsti_pc2.jpg
Filename
munvsti_pc2.jpg
File size
410.88 KiB
Views
File license

Website, Facebook, Youtube
Falcosoft Soundfont Midi Player + Munt VSTi + BassMidi VSTi
VST Midi Driver Midi Mapper

Reply 3 of 3, by Lexrst

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Thanks to your information, I figured out how to insert a program change into Cakewalk. I greatly appreciate your assistance!

Attachments

• programchange.png
    Filename
    programchange.png
    File size
    4.09 KiB
    Views
    File license