Quick update: Qt-based synth app uploaded (@ https://github.com/downloads/sergm/munt_devel … _2012-02-21.zip) with the fresh win32 driver. In the improvements list:
- support for platforms: Win, *nix (ALSA and OSS4, partially OSS3) and Mac
- UI improvements (menu, better configuration)
- multisession support for all the platforms we currently handle
- on Windows, almost sample-accurate synthesis, on others - it depends...
- some bugs fixed & added 😀
Tested on WinXP, Win7-x64, Ubuntu 11.10, Fedora 16-x64, FreeBSD 8.2 & 9.0 and Snow Leo (still needs more comprehensive testing).
Even on FreeBSD (famous for its scarce MIDI support), I get vanilla DOSBox working just using a FIFO symlinked to /dev/sequencer, i.e. almost out of the box, with the help of partial OSS3 MIDI support. 😀 I also adopted the DOSBox's OSS MIDI driver to support OSS4 MIDI ports (basically by throwing out excessive code).