Munt Reloaded - Development

Topic actions

Reply 540 of 965, by sergm

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

You are right, I've already said that 😀
Munt's wave generator performs computations with much better precision. But we recently got the die scans and the hope is to greatly improve thing towards being bit-perfect. BTW, I'm currently converting the WG to use native LA32 logarithmic integer numbers. Not sure how accurate it'll become, but the die shots should hopefully help. Watch for the future updates 😀

Reply 541 of 965, by marooned_on_mars

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
sergm wrote:

You are right, I've already said that 😀

Ah, well you probably did, but wasn't clear enough for me, haha.

sergm wrote:

Munt's wave generator performs computations with much better precision. But we recently got the die scans and the hope is to greatly improve thing towards being bit-perfect. BTW, I'm currently converting the WG to use native LA32 logarithmic integer numbers. Not sure how accurate it'll become, but the die shots should hopefully help. Watch for the future updates 😀

Wish you luck with your future endeavors =)

Reply 545 of 965, by Mau1wurf1977

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Oh nice 😀 Will give it a spin and check it out!

My website with reviews, demos, drivers, tutorials and more...
My YouTube channel

Reply 546 of 965, by Reckless

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Q for you - playing this http://www.queststudios.com/mt32midi/sq3_1.zip using the Munt MIDI player and this http://wiw.org/~jess/download/sq3music/SQ3_01 … ntroduction.mp3 in Winamp; should these sound the same?! I ask as they do not for me 🙁

Can I verify the SYX file is being used?

BTW - great to see a V1 release 😀

Reply 547 of 965, by Mau1wurf1977

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
sergm wrote:

Well, actually, Windows distro files only so far...

WOW 😳

Well done. I'm hugely impressed with this release. Simple installation. User friendly UI. The LCD display is fantastic. Volume control. Loading ROMs to switch between MT-32 and CM-32L is a doddle.

Had a quick listen and can't spot any flaws to be honest...

Reckless wrote:

Q for you - playing this

Same issue. But the attached one works!

That one has SySex embedded inside the mid.

Attachments

• Filename
    SQ3.zip
    File size
    19.45 KiB
    Downloads
    51 downloads
    File comment
    Contains SQ3 midi file captures with DOSBox.
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

My website with reviews, demos, drivers, tutorials and more...
My YouTube channel

Reply 550 of 965, by sergm

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
robertmo wrote:

Cannot Install MT32Emu MIDI driver. There is no MIDI ports available.

Windows allows only 10 MIDI drivers, BAD luck 🙁

But see if you can delete entries like midiX=wdmaud.drv in the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Drivers32. Usually this crap appears after a USB-MIDI device get reconnected to a different USB port. And I've found no kernel MIDI driver that really needs that midiX=wdmaud.drv entry.

Reply 551 of 965, by sergm

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Reckless wrote:

The point is in the "Pin Synth" option. When not checked, a MIDI session exists until an external application is connected or the MIDI player is playing a file. So by default, the MIDI player resets the synth after each file is played, including .syx files, until you set the "Pin Synth".
A "pinned" synth is like a real hardware unit. It remembers its state and need to be reset manually when needed.
I like the latter mode. A reset can easily be done adding a reset.syx file into the MIDI list when needed. But it's a user's choice. 😉

Reply 552 of 965, by DracoNihil

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I just installed this and now it's complaining it can't find the ROM's yet I had them in the folder the last time I installed.

Where is it expecting the ROM's now? The INI says C:\WINDOWS like I told it too and the ROM's are there... I don't understand what's going on.

EDIT: copied it into SysWOW64 and now it's working... I guess the ROM's have to be in the same directory as the .DLL now?

“I am the dragon without a name…”
― Κυνικός Δράκων

Reply 554 of 965, by DracoNihil

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Ah okay, thanks... And well done with making MUNT actually sound as close as possible to the MT-32. I have nightmares still of what MUNT used to sound like..

“I am the dragon without a name…”
― Κυνικός Δράκων

Reply 556 of 965, by sergm

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Qt features a special facility QSettings. It stores settings in a platform-dependent way. Also usage of text files can be enforced. In the case of Windows, it's the system registry. Both user and system hives are supported. XML format is used on Mac. 😜
http://qt-project.org/doc/qt-4.8/qsettings.html

Reply 557 of 965, by Reckless

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
sergm wrote:
The point is in the "Pin Synth" option. When not checked, a MIDI session exists until an external application is connected or th […]
Show full quote
Reckless wrote:

The point is in the "Pin Synth" option. When not checked, a MIDI session exists until an external application is connected or the MIDI player is playing a file. So by default, the MIDI player resets the synth after each file is played, including .syx files, until you set the "Pin Synth".
A "pinned" synth is like a real hardware unit. It remembers its state and need to be reset manually when needed.
I like the latter mode. A reset can easily be done adding a reset.syx file into the MIDI list when needed. But it's a user's choice. 😉

Understand.

Excellent work on this release. Just been pumping an old game soundtrack (Hand of Fate) through it and it sounds fantastic! Just WOW! I grabbed a reset file from here and it seems to do the job.

Also, great work on the updates for the ROM files location - I always seemed to be having issues with an older release but this latest is more logical and just works.