VOGONS

Munt Mac OSX version discussion

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

Reply 42 of 72, by ufoufo512

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Here is a link to an updated dmg-package. https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/30899371/ … ttu/MT32Emu.dmg It now includes DOCS folder with AUTHORS.txt, COPYING.txt, NEWS.txt and README.txt text files. Hopefully that is what was requested. Things still to do:
1) Visual stuff. Proper icon and maybe a folder background image. Anyone?
2) Signing of the package. Maybe dominus can help?
3) Distribution. Should this be distributed on sourceforge?

Reply 43 of 72, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

Ah, yes. I can help with signing. I return hom on tuesday and can then sign the app(will have to re-image the dmg, though).

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 44 of 72, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

I ran into some problems signing...
The framework for the QT stuff seems to need its info.plist file as per http://stackoverflow.com/questions/9476465/ho … 143296#18143296 or signing will always fail.

DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 45 of 72, by ufoufo512

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Pity to hear about the signing problem. I'll study the link you posted later today. My previous experience with signing Mac builds has been that I have signed both the libraries and the actual executable separately with no issues, but this case seems a bit different. Need to look into it...

Reply 46 of 72, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

Hmm, I'll see about signing each binary individually.

Edit: I wonder, did you already sign it? I cannot trigger a negative gatekeeper response to the downloaded file. This is with OS X Maverick, so maybe things changed a bit...

Reply 48 of 72, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

You are right, on a new 10.8.5 installation in a VM Gatekeeper rejects the app. So after signing everything individually, you can get it from https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/7737184/D … mu-qt-1.1.0.dmg (edited to point at the later discussed version).
- moved the qt_menu.nib from the QTGui resources to the main resources folder of the App (as per some obscure hint somewhere on the web)
- gave the dmg the name "MT32Emu 1.3.0"
- the dmg got slightly smaller (mostly because it doesn't have the folders .fseventsd, .DocumentRevisions-V100, .TemporaryItems and no .DS_Store file)

So, Sergm, I think you can put that up on the official dl page 😀

Last edited by Dominus on 2013-10-14, 07:50. Edited 2 times in total.

Reply 49 of 72, by sergm

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Great news, guys!
As for publishing: naming you use is a bit confusing. AFAICT, the image contains the build of mt32emu_qt solely, no library framework files. The damn DOCS folder also contains mt32emu_qt specific files only. So, I'd rename it to something like mt32emu-qt-1.1.0.dmg instead. How does it sound?

You can also consider adding to the package a proper (for OS X directory layout) Framework to allow static linking to the library out of the box. In this case all the above said becomes a bit inconsistent though 😉

Reply 50 of 72, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

I'd say mt32emu-qt-1.3.0.dmg 😉
If you want I can change the finder displayed title of the dmg as well to that (only takes a minute and a bit to do and upload)
I can see why you'd want the framework there as well, but IMO the framework should be a seperate package. For an OS X end user the QT package is the only one he/she needs. Adding the framework to that will only confuse 😉

Reply 54 of 72, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

ok, here it is https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/7737184/D … mu-qt-1.1.0.dmg with the dmg title "MT32Emu-Qt 1.1.0"

Reply 56 of 72, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator
sergm wrote:

Well, at least, DOSBox should be excluded from your list. I remember midiconfig changed the port it connects to.

Back to the "problem" of port in coremidi. I couldn't find any way to control this in DOSBox so that it favors Munt-qt over USB. Only when you disconnect the USB-Midi device can you control via midiconfig=Mt32EmuPort which port of the MT32Emu it should use. So if I add a new Midi port in MT32Emu I can switch between those MT32Emu ports by using midiconfig=Mt32EmuPort or midiconfig=Mt32EmuPort1 etc...
So definitely keep this in mind for OS X that the software CoreMidi driver will only work after real hardware is disconnected.

Reply 59 of 72, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

Interesting, so when I entered mt32emuport and mt32emuport1 it thought of it as 0 and 1?