VOGONS

Munt Mac OSX version discussion

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

Reply 61 of 72, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

Hmm, but why was I able to select either when there was no usb device?

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 62 of 72, by Qbix

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

device numbers might change if you add or remove stuff and if you select an invalid value, then dosbox uses the default (0?) I think.

Ideally, Somebody (me?) should code a mixer /listmidi for coremidi, then things would be easier to figure out.

Water flows down the stream
How to ask questions the smart way!

Reply 64 of 72, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

yeah, tested and works with numbers and yes, that I was able to select it previously with the mt3emuport and mt32emuport1 must have been a testing mistake.
Gonna need to adapt that to Exult but with port name 😀

DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 66 of 72, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

http://xmidi.com/how-to-access-midi-devices-with-coremidi/ method 2 lists virtual devices like Mt32Emu as well (abd I got it to work in xcode). So coupled with device ID or num that you already get or check (?) in the coremidi driver it should be doable. I'll try a bit over the weekend but with my coding power I might not succeed 😉

Reply 67 of 72, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

Sergm (and Qbix), I noticed the settings get saved to ~/library/preferences/mt32emu.vogons.org.plist - I don't think that is appropiate. When you enter the plist url it should resolve to a real webaddress. In this case I think the plist should be named munt.sourceforge.net.plist.
*OR* Qbix can add that subdomain, mt32emu.vogons.orrg, and redirect either to munt.sf.net or to the mt32 forums.
It's by far not an important issue but I think it should be resolved at some point.

Reply 69 of 72, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

yeah, well... the address is great the content is a bit less than munt.sf.net or the mt32 emu forum here... 😀

Reply 71 of 72, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

There is now some code that might make it into ScummVM to select the CoreMidi device https://github.com/digitall/scummvm/tree/core … DeviceSelection (discussion about it at http://sourceforge.net/p/scummvm/bugs/6579/).
I adapted this to Exult (already in SVN) and will most likely add this to Pentagram.
So these programs are more ready to use the munt-qt GUI 😉