CGA Composite Mode under DOSBOX (Commited r3804)

Here you can discuss the development of patches.

Re: CGA Composite Mode under DOSBOX (Commited r3804)

Postby OmegaPC777 » 2017-8-26 @ 00:11

VileRancour wrote:
OmegaPC777 wrote:Hey, can I have that Tandy/PCjr composite patch, please?

As the replies above yours indicate- an accurate Tandy/PCjr patch calibrated from real machines is not yet ready. The best one currently available is the PCjr patch by NRS which can be found on page 35. But while we're at it, since you've been submitting composite CGA shots on MobyGames, I'd urge you to use the latest accurate patch instead of what's in DOSBox SVN. ;)

I just started using that patch you suggested me.
OmegaPC777

Postby VileRancour » 2018-6-13 @ 00:38

Here is reenigne's improved composite CGA patch updated for current DOSBox SVN (as of r4115).
Refreshers: F12 toggles composite on/off/auto; Ctrl+Alt+F11 cycles through settings to change (CGA model, hue, saturation, contrast, brightness, sharpness); F11/Alt+F11 modify the current setting. You might need to generate a new keymapper file while in machine=cga.

dosbox-r4115-composite-hires.diff

dosbox-r4115-composite-hires.zip

Since r4095, DOSBox's opengl output can handle >8 bpp inputs, so the emulated composite screen can be aspect-corrected properly now. (The above build also has the enhanced normal scalers, so you can set e.g. "scaler=normal2x forced" and it'll actually have an effect in this mode.)

The color-depth issue was the only disadvantage of this patch vs. DOSBox's existing one. Since that is now solved, I see no real reason why this shouldn't be committed to trunk. ;)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
web  /   (NEW) blog   /   tube
VileRancour
Oldbie

Postby NewRisingSun » 2018-6-16 @ 10:45

I don't see Tandy/PCjr composite support though. I would say that should be added before "committing to trunk".
NewRisingSun
Oldbie

Postby VileRancour » 2018-6-19 @ 11:17

NewRisingSun wrote:I don't see Tandy/PCjr composite support though. I would say that should be added before "committing to trunk".

That'd be nice. We'd still need the chroma_multiplexer arrays for those machines, so Trixter/reenigne are welcome to indicate here whether they'd appreciate more prodding in the matter. :D
web  /   (NEW) blog   /   tube
VileRancour
Oldbie

Postby reenigne » 2018-6-19 @ 11:32

VileRancour wrote:
NewRisingSun wrote:I don't see Tandy/PCjr composite support though. I would say that should be added before "committing to trunk".

That'd be nice. We'd still need the chroma_multiplexer arrays for those machines, so Trixter/reenigne are welcome to indicate here whether they'd appreciate more prodding in the matter. :D

I consider myself appropriately prodded. Life is and has been crazy and hectic this past month, but I'll stick another reminder in the calendar for July.
reenigne

Previous

Return to DOSBox Patches