Common searches

DOSBox-X branch

Topic actions

Reply 720 of 2397, by Gui55

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

@TheGreatCodeholio:
Regarding the new FDC emulation, are we now supposed to be able to switch multiple floppies under win9x like we can with CD-ROM's (as long as we of-course refresh the Windows Explorer window)? And we will have 32-bit disk access with the floppy controller along with the hard disk, right?

IE 5.5 SP2

Reply 724 of 2397, by Gui55

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

OH, okay! Now I see where the confusion is. DOSBox SVN (clean vanilla) actually I know does support this, Codeholio must just not be aware, maybe? (see Mounting multiple floppies to same drive (CTRL+F4 Switch))

TheGreatCodeholio wrote:
I recall that DOSBox has never really supported the multiple disk swapping mode unless "boot" is used directly with multiple dis […]
Show full quote
SA1988 wrote:

same thing happens.

I recall that DOSBox has never really supported the multiple disk swapping mode unless "boot" is used directly with multiple disk image files, or if multiple .iso images are given when mounting a CD.

You should be able to do multiple floppies with disk swapping if you do something like:

boot "disk1.img" "disk2.img" "disk3.img" "disk4.img"

It was added to DOSBox vanilla (not just ykhwong's build, read the auto-generated SVN changelog by Qbix) since SVN r3808.

IE 5.5 SP2

Reply 726 of 2397, by Gui55

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

That's true, it works in the shell...... But is it possible for Codeholio to make it so we can some time in the future, just as an idea, to be able to swap multiple floppies under win9x like we can now with CD's?

IE 5.5 SP2

Reply 727 of 2397, by truth_deleted

User metadata

As shown in the other post, Codeholio is aware of the idea. Even though a floppy drive appears simple because it is an older device, it has been discussed that this emulation is a hard problem. Perhaps we can offer our help to him so he is not shouldering all this work by himself. 😀

Reply 728 of 2397, by Gui55

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Good point. We all can still test Codeholio's great work, even if it is just from his earlier VS2008 builds for public use. If he does decide to make another win32 build, after the FDC emulation and whatever else is finished, I'll always be glad to give my input by testing and any bug reporting. 😀

Anyway, keep up the great work you guys!

IE 5.5 SP2

Reply 729 of 2397, by dosquest

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Maybe this has been said before, but when I am trying to install windows 3.11 from floppy I cannot eject the first disk because it is still "in use" and since windows looks at only the A:/ drive inserting a diskette into the B:/ drive won't help. Furthermore, I get a C++ error when I try to set the cycles manually, doesn't matter the integer I put in, it crashes.

Doom isn't just a game, it's an apocalypse survival simulator.

Reply 730 of 2397, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

You could make images of your floppies and use imgmount to mount them and cycle via ctrl-f4 through them. And why can't you just eject the floppy or rather how do you change floppies to receive that message?

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 731 of 2397, by collector

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

For Win3x it works to simply dump the contents of all the install floppies into a single folder and run the install from that folder.

The Sierra Help Pages -- New Sierra Game Installers -- Sierra Game Patches -- New Non-Sierra Game Installers

Reply 735 of 2397, by dosquest

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

It works with DAUM's build, so maybe something got broken in the fork. Or, should I say, modification.

Reply 737 of 2397, by dosquest

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

For those who can't read what it says.
"Debug assertion failed!
Program c:\program files (x86)\dosbox-0.74\DOSBox.exe
File: f:\dd\vctools\crt_bld\self_x86\crt\dbg.cpp
Line 52

Expression: _BLOCK_TYPE_IS_VALID(pHead->nBlockUse)

For information on how your program can cause an assertion failure, see the Visual C++ documentation on asserts.

(Press Retry to debug the application)
"

Reply 739 of 2397, by dosquest

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I am running windows 10 dev preview, x64bit, core i7, ATI 6750m, 16gb ram, lenovo laptop.