Graphics performance boost

Here you can discuss the development of patches.

Re: Graphics performance boost

Postby rcblanke » 2006-1-30 @ 16:16

Sorry, didn't think about that ;-)

Qbix: ...the partial screenupdates is comparable to kronutz work. Although it should be even faster...
rcblanke
Oldbie

Postby Mamoru-kun » 2006-2-09 @ 09:27

Hi all!

Sorry to bother, but before becoming completely creasy (I've already spend almost one hour on the net to find an answer), I decided to ask the question here: I got a "dosbox-optscalers-20051213.diff.txt" file...but I don't know what I have to do with it, and seem not to find any instruction anywhere :( Under WinXP, I can recompile whatever I want (using VC6 or VC7), but I really don't have a clue on how to include a "diff" file to dosbox project (if only the two are linked). Can someone help me?
Mamoru-kun

Postby TeaRex » 2006-2-09 @ 09:51

Hello Mamoru.kun.

Answer number one: If you get a current CVS source of dosbox, functionality like that offered by Kronuz's patch is already included. No need to mess with the patch then. I don't know how to do a CVS checkout in Windows though, but I guess you need a CVS client or a CVS plugin for VC++.

Answer number two: To apply a ".diff" type patch, you need the "patch" program. The situation is as usual: It's standard on Unix, while on Windows you'll have to find it yourself. I assume that it's included in cygwin, at least. Probably you can also grab the sources from a GNU mirror, maybe it will even compile out of the box on Windows.
tearex
TeaRex

Postby Mamoru-kun » 2006-2-09 @ 09:57

Thank you very much for the explanations TeaRex. So finding a "CVS" source of dosbox would be enough for me, after a compilation, to have a patched version of dosbox, did I get it right? But what is a "CVS" version? I can't find such a version in the download page of dosbox.sourceforge.net...

EDIT: OK, one of my college (our "Unix man") told me about CVS thing, and after thinking, I came to the conclusion that it would perhaps be easier for me to ask...if someone already has a WinXP compiled verion of Dosbox (or dlls, whatever is patched) with this patch? :)
Mamoru-kun

Postby TeaRex » 2006-2-09 @ 10:14

CVS means "concurrent versioning system" and is basically a way of storing source code in a way so that multiple persons can work on it. You can find dosbox's cvs page here:

http://sourceforge.net/cvs/?group_id=52551

Either you have to check out the source yourself (pointers to software that does this are given on that page) and then compile it, or you have to download a (recent! as in "done in the last few days") "CVS build", basically an unofficial release of dosbox that somebody else compiled and is offering for download. See this thread:

http://www.vogons.org//viewtopic.php?t=8567
tearex
TeaRex

Postby Mamoru-kun » 2006-2-09 @ 10:25

Wonderfull, thank you! With all those data, I'll turn my Winshit (oups, sorry) dosbox version into an optimized-scalablility version! (why haven't I already installed Linux?!?) ;)
Mamoru-kun

Postby Kronuz » 2006-2-13 @ 18:33

I haven't had the time to check the new cvs version with the functionality of my patch implemented, but I'll check it as soon as I get home by the 22nd (I'm on vacations and out of town). I'm very interested in testing it :)
Kronuz
"Time is of the essence"
Kronuz

Postby DosFreak » 2006-10-25 @ 01:57

You download the latest version of DosBox (0.65) from the DosBox website. The patch is already included.
DosFreak
l33t++

Previous

Return to DOSBox Patches