Common searches

Glide patch

Topic actions

Reply 100 of 246, by gulikoza

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Updated the patch on the first page. Fixed some problems with compilation and some issues with LFB operations. Added MacOSX support. Thanks to Dominus for a lot of testing 😀
See this thread for MacOSX OpenGlide patch.

http://www.si-gamer.net/gulikoza

Reply 101 of 246, by szekeres2009

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi guys are there any isntructions how to build dosbox with glide and keep the compressed audio function (cue sheet with ogg files) in Visual C++ 2008 Express? I followed the instructions on the wiki site and it works, now I would like to ad the things mentioned above? Thank you.

Reply 102 of 246, by robertmo

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Polish game Pył freezes when you try to run it flooding status window with:

Glide:Unsupported glide call guFogTableIndexToW

(game works properly when set to use software rendering)

Reply 105 of 246, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

I plan to try it under Wine, but didn't have time to yet...

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 106 of 246, by robertmo

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

nGlide doesn't have any possibility to change its settings so no enchantments are available (higher resolutions, window mode) and also if it doesn't work for you nothing you can do about it.

It crushes with gulikoza's dosbox build. dgVoodoo crushes the same way but when i change its:

Renderer API from dx7 to dx9 and screen depth to 32bit
or
fullscreen mode to window mode (desktop has to be in 32bit color)

it works. But nothing I can change in nGlide.

EDIT: well.. i was only checking Carmageddon, but i after testing some more games I see that different games work with different wrappers with different results 😀

Reply 108 of 246, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

@Termit, unless you are compiling yourself you shouldn't bother with diff files.
Diff files are text files that list the differences between two files in a text file. Normally you would use the diff file with the program patch (e.g. "patch < diff.file") and then you compile the patched source.

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 109 of 246, by GrandAdmiralThrawn

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello!

Friend of mine just showed me this thread, because he would love to get Archimedean Dynasty to work using a glide wrapper (and your OVL) in DOSBox. And now that I have seen that this could be possible, I am quite interested myself.

Thing is, we ain't coders. I don't even have a compiler installed on my Windows machine.

So, could anyone by any chance just publish a complete DOSBox x86_32 and x86_64 binary build with those patches included? So we could just download and use? 😉

That'd be EXTREMELY nice, thank you very much!

Proud User of a 3dfx Voodoo5 6000 AGP (HiNT Rev.A3 3400) prototype

Reply 115 of 246, by ADDiCT

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Wow, Lara has a _really_ fat ass in fullscreen on a 16:10 display... (; *

Been playing around with various wrappers today. Aspect ratio correction would be very much appreciated for a possible new build.

A bit off-topic: i'm having some strange effects with DOSBox 0.74 and filtering. Sometimes the filters work, sometimes they don't. I'm still trying to understand what's happening, and why. With the "old" Gulikoza build and D3D output these problems are non-existant. The issues may be connected to my Mobility Radeon or its driver though (have to use the ancient OEM driver).

* = been testing Gulikoza's build for the first time on a widescreen display, former PC had a 4:3 LCD

Reply 116 of 246, by Kisai

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I could never find all the supporting files needed to compile all the stuff gulikoza has patched into dosbox, so I wound up just downloading a svn tree, patching in mt-32 and the capture FIFO and going from there, as I didn't need the rest, or at least don't have any glide games to put in the effort of trying to make it work.

Reply 117 of 246, by gulikoza

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Filtering...as in normal scalers? Yes, they don't always work with opengl output. No idea why...

The AR correction is more a wrapper problem, but since (nearly) all wrappers render at the original game resolution there is no way to fix AR on widescreen displays. Use monitor controls for that (any decent WS monitor should have AR lock 😀) or graphics control panel settings (I believe both nVidia and ATI support AR fixes, but you may get slightly lower performance this way).

Reply 118 of 246, by robertmo

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

ddraw scaling works for everything
opengl/overlay doesn't work for higher colours than 8-bit (vgaonly/ 15/16/32-bit colours games/ 16-bit colour scalers) the only exception is cga composite that works with opengl/overlay although it is 16-bit colour too. Maybe comparing the working (cga composite) and not working (vgaonly) may help figuring sth out.
I think Harekiet said opengl doesn't upscale 16bit cause they have different order of colours (sth like: not RGB but GBR or sth like that). So the fix in theory may be easy (assuming harekiet was just not bored enough to do it 😉 )

Gulikoza: aspect works correctly on every monitor with official dosbox and its all output methods (ddraw,overlay,opengl), (aspect=true required of course). So it is only your output methods that doesn't do it properly.

Reply 119 of 246, by gulikoza

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

ADDiCT was talking about Glide accelerated TR (I assume 😀). Glide output is rendered by the wrapper and so it is outside dosbox control (output, scalers, aspect...)