VOGONS

Common searches

Save States - Proof of concept

Topic actions

Reply 221 of 227, by SedrynTyros

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Does anybody happen to have a .diff patch for the latest save state code used in ykhwong's builds that could be applied to the current DOSBox source? I've tried to create one myself but I don't enough about coding.

Reply 222 of 227, by PumpkinPaladin

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello. I would like to report a problem. In the game Turrican II, when I try to load a save state, the entire program crashes. When I load a save state in the debugger, I get a "Decompression Failled" error. Any idea what's causing this? I am using Dosbox SVN-Daum.

Reply 224 of 227, by gandhig

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
PumpkinPaladin wrote:

Hello. I would like to report a problem. In the game Turrican II, when I try to load a save state, the entire program crashes. When I load a save state in the debugger, I get a "Decompression Failled" error. Any idea what's causing this? I am using Dosbox SVN-Daum.

Did you compile it from daum source or used the binary from Ykhwong's site? Similar error was observed while using a build compiled with the Daum's slot load/save code under VS2017 with Win10 SDK. MinGW build didn't have this issue.

Last edited by gandhig on 2017-04-17, 04:50. Edited 1 time in total.

Dosbox SVN r4019 + savestates Build (Alpha)
1st thread & the only one related to the forum(?)...warning about modern-retro combo
Dead, but, Personal Favourite
Replacement for Candy Crush...Train the Brain

Reply 226 of 227, by gandhig

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
PumpkinPaladin wrote:

No, I just installed the binary from his site. I never compile things. Does the program run differently when you compile the source code yourself?

Ideally, it should not. But it can get worse due to improper compilation 🤣, you know, dependencies on compiler versions, different build environments and such. As suggested in other posts, you can try slightly older daum builds and see if the problem goes away.

If you are not particular about the features of the daum build or just want to troubleshoot, you can try the builds from this thread. They are plain SVN builds with just savestate patches taken from 'this' thread. Beware that they are not up-to-date and may be buggy as well. FWIW, Turrican II demo didn't exhibit any such errors with the plain SVN+savestates build, atleast during the minimal testing done.

P.S.: Better make a new post with full details, if you intend to continue towards identification of your issue. This thread is more about the patch's development and its discussions. Further the authors of the original & later patches in this thread are not that active here and honestly you can't expect a solution from them for potential problems in Daum's build, which are not accountable to them, anyway.

Dosbox SVN r4019 + savestates Build (Alpha)
1st thread & the only one related to the forum(?)...warning about modern-retro combo
Dead, but, Personal Favourite
Replacement for Candy Crush...Train the Brain