VOGONS

Common searches

Mouse copy/paste support

Topic actions

Reply 140 of 151, by Wengier

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I have updated the binary and source code to match the latest SVN version r4006. Also, the PDCurses library is no longer required for the mouse copy/paste feature in macOS (OS X) if you set NOPDCLIP=1 in config.txt, similar to when you build it in Windows. This makes it easier to build the DOSBox SVN-lfn executable with mouse clipboard support in macOS. In addition to Windows and macOS, the setting NOPDCLIP=1 also applies to Linux or BSD systems, but in this case you need xclip instead of PDCurses. The download links for DOSBox SVN-lfn remain the same.

Last edited by Wengier on 2017-02-26, 23:43. Edited 7 times in total.

Reply 143 of 151, by Wengier

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

The mouse copy and paste feature has been improved in the latest build so that all limits for pasting text have been removed, and as a result the keybuf.com program is no longer included in the package.

Reply 145 of 151, by hamnet

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

hi! i'm very new to DOSBOX due to my school introducing it to us to use for debug.exe in MS-DOS. i came across this while looking for a way to be able to copy-paste.

anyway, long story short, i tried to run debug.exe using the latest build that was uploaded and got "Incorrect DOS version." error. is there a way i could fix this? i'm very green to the whole DOSBOX scene so there might have been something i overlooked. thanks!

Reply 146 of 151, by _Rob

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Your DEBUG probably came from a real MS-DOS, and those original MS-DOS utilities specifically check the DOS version to see if it matches the DOS version they originally shipped with.

So to get it to run you need to set your DOS version to the same version as expected by DEBUG

To find out which DOS version your currently emulating run:

Z:\>VER
DOSBox-X version 0.83.5 (SDL2). Reported DOS version 5.00.

As you can see, DOS 5.00 is being emulated in this case. You can set another DOS version to emulate by running

Z:\>ver set 6.22

Z:\>VER
DOSBox-X version 0.83.5 (SDL2). Reported DOS version 6.22.

You can either ask which DOS version the debug command comes from, or you can try to look through the binary for a string such as "MS-DOS Version 7", or you can try a few common DOS versions.

A few DOS versions to try:

Reply 147 of 151, by Carpintonto

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Wengier wrote on 2016-05-18, 19:44:

NOPDCLIP=1 also applies to Linux or BSD systems, but in this case you need xclip instead of PDCurses. The download links for DOSBox SVN-lfn remain the same.

@Wengier - Would it be possible to provide a link to the most recent source that implemented LINUX clipboard functionality?
I have struck out at your U of T, and Mendelson's Columbia U pages, as well as sourceforge and github.

My search would suggest your development pulled in with dosbox-x which doesn't support Linux clipboard, and I think I'd like to branch from some point before the decision to abandon Linux clipboard, but I don't know where to start.

Reply 148 of 151, by Wengier

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Carpintonto: I did try to add clipboard support for Linux back then, but it turned out to be a troublesome task. I have not looked at it again in recent time, but perhaps I should take another look at it and see if it becomes easier to be done. Thanks for the suggestion, and please let me know if you find something helpful in this direction.

Reply 150 of 151, by Wengier

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Carpintonto: Good news! I have already added mouse copy/paste support for non-Windows systems on SDL2 builds, and pasting from the clipboard (via the key mapper) is also available for the Linux/X11 systems on SDL1 builds. Please check out the latest DOSBox-X code.

Reply 151 of 151, by Carpintonto

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Thanks Wengier! I just successfully compiled an SDL2 build today.
I don't know if it's old news, but this how-to worked for me to clear the ffmpeg too old error.
https://seanthegeek.net/455/how-to-compile-an … -debian-ubuntu/