I'd like to share with you all the latest 3dfx patch with opengl accelerated rendering.
No one worked on it in years, but still, it works quite nice, even if it's not bug-free.
The following options will be available into your config file:
# voodoo: Enable VOODOO support.
# Possible values: false, software, opengl, auto.
# voodoomem: Specify VOODOO card memory size.
# 'standard' 4MB card (2MB front buffer + 1x2MB texture unit)
# 'max' 12MB card (4MB front buffer + 2x4MB texture units)
# Possible values: standard, max.
- voodoo: use 'opengl' mode for higher speed, 'software' mode for a more accurate emulation
- voodoomem: a standard voodoo1 card usually came with 4mb, but you can max out memory in order to get higher screen/textures resolution
Please find attached:
- a binary file you have to drop into your dosbox installation folder
- a .diff patch against current svn tree (if you don't know what it is, you don't need it)
Just a few recommendations:
- please post all your questions in this thread, don't PM me or anyone else on this and don't open new threads
- if you do anything with this, like adding features or fixing bugs, please share it with everyone by posting your changes on this thread
- if you like this patch, let us know by posting some nice screenshots or videos (please use external image upload service to save vogons.org bandwidth)