Reply 282 of 343, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

woot woot! now we can have both patches without them conflicting each other 😀

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 284 of 343, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

I think it's out of sync again 🙁
Did you ever find some time to research the graphics glitch with the (now accepted) S3 patch for higher resolutions?

DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 285 of 343, by vasyl

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Uh-oh, looks like a big one... Apparently, Harekiet checked in major change to memory handling. It may speed up paged SVGA but it will take some time to adapt my patch to it.
I did not look into S3 glitches yet, sorry.

Reply 286 of 343, by vasyl

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

The updated version is up. This was rather nasty merge. A lot of things changed in core and had to change in the patch as a result. I tested the usual suspects (whatvga, a few known quirky games, Win3, etc.) and everything seems to be working but more testing is still needed.
The only anomaly I've found is in 16-color modes in WHATVGA with S3 chipset but it was always there -- it may actually be a bug in WHATVGA.
The patch is slightly smaller mostly due to a change to vga.mem which allowed to use dynamic memory allocation without changing syntax everywhere. I had to remove strict memory checking from vga_draw but it does not seem to produce any adverse effects, the new core implementation already does adequate checking there. vga_memory still performs memory checks.

Reply 289 of 343, by gauthieryannick

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

To run Windows 3.1x in DosBox 0.70 for Mac in 1024x768 (fullscreen), simply use a VESA-compliant SVGA 256-color driver...

Before installing the patched driver, you must install 256-colors SVGA drivers on your system!!!

I created a very simple "installer" in the zip file included in this post (SVGA256.BAT).

Enjoy!

Attachments

• Filename
    SVGA256.zip
    File size
    42.48 KiB
    Downloads
    42 downloads
    File comment
    VESA SVGA256 driver (you must install SVGA 256-colors drivers first!!!).
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 293 of 343, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

well, broken again 🙁

Reply 295 of 343, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

No, thank YOU! 😀

It's funny, every two months the dosbox bug bites me and I compile CVS and a version with your patch, and almost everytime, exactly then CVS broke the patch 😀

Reply 296 of 343, by vasyl

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

The update is up. While working on it I've found that some stuff in serial port emulation does not compile properly on Win32. I did not want to pollute the patch with unrelated fixes so if you get build problems with serialport.cpp just replace #include <windows.h> with #include <winsock2.h> in directserial_win32.h. I've opened a separate thread on that issue, somebody will fix in in CVS later.

Reply 297 of 343, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

Thanks again!

Reply 298 of 343, by Plan9FOS

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I've looked on SourceForge for the Tseng SVGA patch for DOSBox, but can't find it. I found it back in March 2007, but can't find it now. Can you add a link to the latest stable version here?

Thanks

Reply 299 of 343, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

The way to find this patch on Sourceforge for Dosbox:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/dosbox -> Tracker->Patches-> scroll down to "Support for multiple SVGA Chipsets" http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func … 551&atid=467234
It's not named like this thread title but just for looking at every patch submitted by Vasyl can help 😀