VOGONS

First post, by dagrimreefah

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Does anyone still use this? I've been trying (unsuccessfully) for the past 2 days to get a BattleSpire game up. With 415 registered users, I figured it wouldn't be that hard. However, it seems that the website is abandoned and forgotten about. Am I wrong in my assessment? Do people still use CGA? If not, what do they use?

Last edited by dagrimreefah on 2015-09-09, 05:35. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 2 of 6, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

Please stop bumping threads!
Bumping is generally frowned on, but of you do it, the thread should have been off the first page and be older than a couple of hours (days!!!)!

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 3 of 6, by zirkoni

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I've seen a few people playing there every now and then but most of the time there's no-one there. Old DOS multiplayer games just aren't that popular anymore. And people use source ports to play them (Doom, Quake, Duke Nukem 3D are still quite popular).

https://youtube.com/@zirkoni42

Reply 5 of 6, by leileilol

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
zirkoni wrote:

Old DOS multiplayer games just aren't that popular anymore. And people use source ports to play them (Doom, Quake, Duke Nukem 3D are still quite popular).

the worst part is the awareness of multiplayer game variety for DOS. Most that think "DOS multiplayer" only know the usual texas shareware laundry list + Battlespire, and it all stops there, forgetting about a lot of other games like this '95 list for example

apsosig.png
long live PCem

Reply 6 of 6, by CodeJunkie

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
dagrimreefah wrote:

1st and only bump.

dagrimreefah wrote:

Do people still use CGA? If not, what do they use?

Can anyone answer this? Thanks.

The creator of CGA here. I can confirm that the site is not dead. I'm actually in the process of converting the client software to a full blown desktop application and implementing a lot of features I had been intending to implement a long time ago before I got caught up in other projects.

Classic Gaming Arena
Home for all your DOS multiplayer gaming needs.