VOGONS

IPX Dosbox <-> Real PC

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

First post, by Oerg866

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hi.

Is it possible to play multiplayer games with one PC with DOSBOX and a real PC running DOS 6.22?

Thanks,
Oerg866 🤣

Reply 2 of 7, by Oerg866

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hey h-a-l-9000 😀

Thanks, you rock, it worked 😀

Played a round of Duke 3D and DooM.

(And tried to do that with Terminal Velocity but that hung up on the "Get Ready" screen on my real DOS machine. Eh well, was only for testing the network anyway 😎)

Many thanks,
Oerg866

Reply 5 of 7, by uldics

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Is this anytime soon getting to be implemented in the normal version of Dosbox? The one, which comes with many distributions, the one I dont need to compile, make and so on?

I think this would be much better than making all sorts of tweaks if one wants to connect to an IPX network of few old DOS computers, running games natively.

Or probably make another application, which actually has code from Dosbox IPX code to make Dosbox to real IPX network connection. Which works also on Linux. Then I could use any tool from my distribution for IPX tunnelling, if I wished.

Reply 6 of 7, by conradoz

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hey guys,

My name is Conrado, I'm from brazil and have 3 computers with Windows 98SE and 2 modern computers with windows 7 and Dosbox.
I can't connect the 3 computers running real DOS with the two computers with Dosbox.
I would like to pçay doke nukem, doom, need for speed2, fatal racing and other MS-DOS games with my five computers.
How can I use the Native IPX with the dosbox and windows 7?
Thanks a lot.

Pentium 3 450Mhz
Asus P3B-F
VGA Saphire Radeon 70000
1GB SDRAM RAM
Sound Blaster 16 CT4170 Vibra
13GB Hard Disk
Windows 98

Reply 7 of 7, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

You can't use the DOSBox from www.dosbox.com. You have to use the HAL 9000 megabuild of DOSBox. http://home.arcor.de/h-a-l-9000/

Also don't post in old threads.

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline