VOGONS

First post, by SoonDead

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

This game has a split screen multiplayer and can be controlled by two mice, or a mouse and a joystick.

There are just a few ingame options for the second player. I write them down here:

MOUSE MODUS: MICROSOFT
COM-PORT (1-4)
IRQ-NUMBER (2-7)

MOUSE MODUS: MOUSE SUBSYSTEMS
COM-PORT (1-4)
IRQ-NUMBER (2-7)

JOYSTICK
JOYSPEED (1-64)
TOLERANCE (10-75)

Ideally I would like to use two mouse as in the "old times" we played a lot with my brother on a 486. Is it possible to configure two USB mouse to control separate cursors under dosbox (like one is emulating a mouse on a COM port an other is a mouse on a ps2 or something like that)? Are there any software for this kind of emulation?

If two mice is too hard, than I would also be glad if I could use my gamepad (Logitech Dual Action) as a joystick in dosbox. Is it possible?

Unrelated: I am not so good at settlers1 as I only played it when I was like 10 years old, so is there a good strategic guide for serf-city? I'm not even able to beat the cpu on the wave level. 😀

Reply 2 of 3, by SoonDead

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Sorry, I have already read a few topics on the subject, and unable to find the answer.
I might have asked the question in a wrong way. It should have been about using an usb mouse like a COM mouse if that's possible, but I have read an other bunch of topics now and you have stated there that it is not a feature in dosbox.

I saw a topic that somebody tried to do something similar in linux.

Can someone point me to similar attemts under windows?
It don't need to be dosbox specific just a head start on the problem.
I'm trying to search for it in google but none of the search results seems to be covering this issue.

Reply 3 of 3, by Qbix

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

start windows with usb/ps2 mouse attached
wait till windows is started. Add a com mouse
Start dosbox configured to use your comport as emulated port
Read to rock

Water flows down the stream
How to ask questions the smart way!