VOGONS

First post, by Vince.Bloodworks

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello everyone. This is my first post, so I don't know if I'm right here with my question(s) 😁 ... please give me a little "kick" if anything's wrong !

Thank you 😀

Well I'm a noobie --- in this forum and in programing ^^ ( ... just want to say this ), so please don't be to strictly with me 😁 ( if something is wrong in case of spelling etc. .... sorry for my english ( I'm from Germany )

Okey but to don't speak to much of my person ( more or less ^^ ) here's the situation:

I created a very small ( in case of functionallity ) GUI for inside the DOSBox to make my friends playing great games like Blood and DOOM with me ( reason is that they are unexperienced with DOS/DOSBox and can't get the commands in their heads 😁 ). Some days ago I started playing Blood via IPXNET with a friend over the internet and it's really getting on my nerves that I have to call him everytime we are outside of a game to explain the TODOs to start a game. So I want to create a little chatroom inside my GUI so that any player can communicate with each other inside DOSBox and outside any game.

Now here's my question:

Is it possible to do this? If yes please can you help me with the code and/or give me any links were I can learn how to do this ?

I'm using VBDOS Pro!

Thank you.
Vince

Reply 3 of 4, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

It's a fun idea but when you think more about it, it's clear you will have to reinvent the wheel, or actually the whole car 😀
Instant messengers don'T allow just sending text but also voice and video chat and it's probably much much much easier to have everyone running an IM than coding it into Dosbox Dos.

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 4 of 4, by Vince.Bloodworks

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Thank you guys for your advice ... didn't thought about this 🤣

I think I got TeamSpeak somewhere ..... 😀

but I'll do it ! I'm up for a challange 🤣.
And even if I don't get my "dream by now!" to work ... I'll live with the certainty tried it out ^^

one more time... thanks

see ya 🤣