VOGONS

First post, by DosWin

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi.

Sorry, if topic abiut it is already on the forum.

I try to create connection with 2 copies of DOSBox with Win98SE. I planned to use it to play these by one copy on different PCs to Windows version of Dungeon Keeper, because not happy what DOS version works in 320x240 only - viewable part of map is small.

Connection with 2 copies of DOSBox is fine and dont have problems, but need do more steps to create a working IPX connection in Win98SE. My problem is I really dont understand whats need doing. I see some topics here throught google, but info is very uninform, because they all is about DOSBox+Real PC with Win98.

I will be very glad if anyone inform detailed, if it possible, intructions\guide about it, because working IPX on 2 copies on one PC will work on different PCs too.

Thanks.

Reply 1 of 5, by STX

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Is this what you are trying to do? I'm confused.

┌─────────────────────────────────────┐
│ Modern operating system │
│ ┌─────────────┐ ┌─────────────┐ │
│ │ DOSBox #1 │ │ DOSBox #2 │ │
│ │ ┌───────┐ │ │ ┌───────┐ │ │
│ │ │Win98SE│ │ │ │Win98SE│ │ │
│ │ │ ┌───┐ │ │ │ │ ┌───┐ │ │ │
│ │ │ │DK☺╞═╪══╪═IPX═╪══╪═╡DK☻│ │ │ │
│ │ │ └───┘ │ │ │ │ └───┘ │ │ │
│ │ └───────┘ │ │ └───────┘ │ │
│ └─────────────┘ └─────────────┘ │
└─────────────────────────────────────┘

That configuration will not work. Windows 98 SE will not run inside of DOSBox. You might have better luck with this:
http://keeper.lubie.org/html/dk_keeperfx_dwnld.php

Reply 3 of 5, by DosWin

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Windows 98 SE will not run inside of DOSBox

I'm sorry, but you wrong. Post #9 from here - Glide 3Dfx and D3D emulation in DOSBox

Want to say - "wait Win9x support and 3Dfx\D3D in official\main line DOSBox"? I think while wait possible do something and play in "not official" DB Daum - run Win98SE, Windows games, run\do and fix 3Dfx and D3D emulation.

Otherwise much easier than waiting new version of DOSBox - go to the DOSBox Team and make possible Win9x and 3Dfx and D3D emulation in <official> DOSBox.

Simply exchange opinions pointless.