VOGONS

First post, by Danfun64

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I am curious. Can 0.74 connect to svn servers, and vice versa? I'm sure the answer is no, but I would like it verified.

Reply 1 of 9, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

I'd have thought that this did not change but...

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 3 of 9, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

Does it work for you with 0.74 to 0.74 and svn to svn?

DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 5 of 9, by Danfun64

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

It's been a few days and my question still hasn't been answered. One reason that I am asking is because SVN Daum doesn't work right when run on non x86 platforms (x86-64 can run the 32 bit version, but that's not the point). If I was running a powerpc debian computer with dosbox 0.74 installed, could it connect to the svn daum server or vice versa? What about Dosbox Turbo? I heard that it is based of an SVN build. Is that incapable of connecting to 0.74?

Reply 6 of 9, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

So, why don't you start by giving the basic informations?
Which versions on which platforms? And don't use anything other than straight Dosbox 0.74 and straight SVN. Ykhwong's Daum SVN has so many patches applied that it is not supported here.
And if you build straight svn make sure you have everything optional as well (sdl_net, sdl_sound, etc) installed in a way for the compilation to pick it up.
Maybe then someone knows the answer.
(Just maybe adjust your sense of entitlement as well)

Reply 8 of 9, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

Why don' you start with giving the basic informations? We don't know anything for sure right now.
You may use 0.74 on Windows or on a Debian PPC machine only? Or if connecting from different machines, which ones?
For SVN did you self compile SVN or are your using a prebuilt binary or are you using Daum's SVN version (binary/source?). On which machine? You see there are many things that may seem basic to you but are important to figure things out.

PowerPC might be an important information as endianess could be part of the problem...

Reply 9 of 9, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

see mac ipx multiplayer problem which might be related or not. Doesn't give any hint to go on, though.