VOGONS

First post, by RetroWolf92

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Over the past 5 or so years (yup, since .74 came out) I've spent a lot of time trying to get DOSBox's multiplayer working. Recently, I got a new router. I have the proper port(s) forwarded, and for some reason, DOSBox instead of using my computer's IP, uses 127.0.0.1 instead. I've been trying to find a remedy to this problem, but have turned up nothing. Why is this happening? Is there a setting I missed?

Reply 1 of 6, by dagrimreefah

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Have you set ipx=true in dosbox.conf? (I know, simple question. But the most straightforward remedies must be considered first)

You may also have to download some IPX stuff for your OS. What OS are you using btw?

Reply 3 of 6, by RetroWolf92

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
dagrimreefah wrote:

Have you set ipx=true in dosbox.conf? (I know, simple question. But the most straightforward remedies must be considered first)

You may also have to download some IPX stuff for your OS. What OS are you using btw?

I'd have to be dumb to not have that active.

Reply 5 of 6, by dagrimreefah

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
RetroWolf92 wrote:

I'd have to be dumb to not have that active.

Hence "most straightforward remedies must be considered first". Don't take offense, dude. Its just tech-support-101 to consider the most simple problems first. Jeez...

Reply 6 of 6, by RetroWolf92

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

To anyone still replying here. I figured it out. 127.0.0.1 is localhost. So when I open the server it appears as localhost because it's on my pc. But if I want to connect to my DOSBox from another PC, I'd enter my computer's actual IP.

So with that out of the way, anybody wanna play some IPX DOS multiplayer?