VOGONS

First post, by Roman78

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I was playing around whit some harddisk and speed benchmarks, putting some in Raid 0 and so. I have a lot SCSI 10k disks here, so I thought to play whit those. But most of my mainboards don't have a 64 PCI slot (only two Dual PIII's i've got here and those are server, so they don't have AGP and they are noisy, heavy, and power hungry). So I was wondering do Single Socket A board exist whit 64bit PCI slot, preferably 66mhz.

I googled around and only found Dual Tyan boards (like the Tyan Thunder K7 or Tiger MP), and they are expensive on ebay. Not one Single CPU board.

Reason is that I have some 64-bit SCSI cards, (also some 32 bits) but the maximum speed of a 32 bit on 33 Mhz is 133MB/s (33.33 MHz × 32 bits ÷ 8 bits/byte = 133 MB/s). While I could reach 533MB/s whit a 64b/66Mhz. Well... theoretically maximum that is.

Reply 4 of 5, by Roman78

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

ehhh hehe hehehehe...

right....

While I just browsed trough e-bay searching for those 2 bords (asus cheapest 220 euro's and the MSI for 140) there popped a Tyan up... the Tiger MP whit 2 Athlon MP 2200+ and 4 gig of ram... working.... (well you can see on the photo that 1 cap need to be replaced) for 19 bucks. Including PP for 24,89 €.

click... Buy...

done...

We will see.

And paying 25 euro's if worth the fun.

Last edited by Roman78 on 2015-07-17, 17:19. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 5 of 5, by sgraffite

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I've got an HP Server tc3100 that has two PCI-X slots, but no AGP slot. I have it maxed out with 4GB of ram running as a LAMP server currently.

HP's site shows that it could come with 1.56GHz Pentium IIIs which I had never heard of, I thought 1.4GHz was the max?