VOGONS

First post, by Czeky

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I have plenty of ball mouses, I like them but the only thing that's bothering me is that they have quite a low DPI, and thus in many FPS games it can be a bit bothersome since the DPI is not as smooth as the framerate of the games.
I was wondering if there are any good quality high DPI PS/2 ball mouses out there, I mostly expect ones from Microsoft or Logitech.

So you think it's really good, yeah? You should try making the bloody thing up; it's a real pain in the arse.

I'm no American.

Reply 1 of 1, by TrashPanda

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Czeky wrote on 2022-01-24, 08:32:

I have plenty of ball mouses, I like them but the only thing that's bothering me is that they have quite a low DPI, and thus in many FPS games it can be a bit bothersome since the DPI is not as smooth as the framerate of the games.
I was wondering if there are any good quality high DPI PS/2 ball mouses out there, I mostly expect ones from Microsoft or Logitech.

DPI was an Optical mouse thing, but I guess it was somewhere between 50 and 100 DPI possibly a bit faster for some of the high end ball mice but less than 300 DPI . .till the rollers got fluff or hair in them or the ball got greasy then it was 0 DPI.

But yeah if you want DPI then you'll have to switch to an optical or laser PS2 mouse.

Another thing to remember was that mice also didn't have a poling rate on PCs till they went to USB, before that it was all interrupt based so was effectively instant.