VOGONS

First post, by vtech

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello,

Just need some advice, I have this motherboard Zida Tomato BX440 based, tested and works fine, one of the best I have in performance, not the prettiest but good performance. But I noticed a bodge wire near the chipset a little flimsy, about to break, and I don't know if this is from factory or some one do a mod to this, anyone knows whats about it?

Attachments

• zida_6abx.jpg
    Filename
    zida_6abx.jpg
    File size
    302.6 KiB
    Views
    File license
    Public domain

Reply 1 of 2, by ciornyi

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
vtech wrote on 2022-02-19, 10:39:

Hello,

Just need some advice, I have this motherboard Zida Tomato BX440 based, tested and works fine, one of the best I have in performance, not the prettiest but good performance. But I noticed a bodge wire near the chipset a little flimsy, about to break, and I don't know if this is from factory or some one do a mod to this, anyone knows whats about it?

deffinately not factory

DOS: 166mmx/16mb/Y719/S3virge
DOS/95: PII333/128mb/AWE64/TNT2M64
Win98: P3_900/256mb/SB live/3dfx V3
Win Me: Athlon 1700+/512mb/Audigy2/Geforce 3Ti200
Win XP: E8600/4096mb/SB X-fi/HD6850

Reply 2 of 2, by snufkin

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Weird, it looks like a small value capacitor (might be pF, based on the pinkish colour) between R184 and CD37; CD37 probably goes between a power supply for the chipset and ground, and I guess the connection is to the ground side. So maybe someone wanted to slow down the rise/fall times of whatever signal goes through R184. Wonder what that signal is.