VOGONS

First post, by sysjunkie

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Haven't had any luck with this for days, no matter what I try, I keep running into "not enough space on harddrive" problem.

Has anyone ever successfully done this ? Any steps one can give ?

I tried making fat12 or fat16 paritions at the start of the disk in various sizes from 6MB to 16MB. I also tried manually editing the partition ID to 12h etc.

But it keeps shouting at me that it needs atleast 2MB.

Reply 1 of 2, by lawyerpepper

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
sysjunkie wrote on 2022-04-04, 23:59:
Haven't had any luck with this for days, no matter what I try, I keep running into "not enough space on harddrive" problem. […]
Show full quote

Haven't had any luck with this for days, no matter what I try, I keep running into "not enough space on harddrive" problem.

Has anyone ever successfully done this ? Any steps one can give ?

I tried making fat12 or fat16 paritions at the start of the disk in various sizes from 6MB to 16MB. I also tried manually editing the partition ID to 12h etc.

But it keeps shouting at me that it needs atleast 2MB.

On my Deskpro, the diag partition must be created by the diag/setup disk as the first primary on the drive. Starting with a bare, unpartitioned, disk is the easiest way. Absent that, deleting the first partition on the disk should work (back up first!). I don’t believe the partition can be created by any other tool, and PartitionMagic will generally corrupt it when making any changes. Overall, a pretty lousy system compared to a firmware setup routine.

Reply 2 of 2, by sysjunkie

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I think I managed to get it to create that partition and copy files, but now after it's all done, It seems to be ignored (F10 does nothing).
And If I restart from floppy again, It will again tell me there is no partition and would I want to create one ?