VOGONS

First post, by chris2021

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

On ebay now, some listings may be completed. I can't cope with any of this. You'll have to scope it out yourself. I have to go cry in my pillow now.

Reply 3 of 10, by cyclone3d

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

From the listings, it is some super proprietary rare computer stuff that is listed for crazy high prices.

Guessing the OP is selling their collection for some reason even though they "really didn't want to".

For the prices that stuff is selling for, they could probably buy a fairly nice vehicle... I saw one listing that was combined for a specific person for $3,000 USD.

Yamaha modified setupds and drivers
Yamaha XG repository
YMF7x4 Guide
Aopen AW744L II SB-LINK

Reply 4 of 10, by Horun

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Yeah they are SBC for S-100 bus computers and way overpriced IMHO. One thing unique is that Bill Gates bought their (Seattle Computer Works) 86-DOS and turned into IBM DOS and MSDOS, other than that not much of value IMHO

Hate posting a reply and then have to edit it because it made no sense 😁 First computer was an IBM 3270 workstation with CGA monitor. Stuff: https://archive.org/details/@horun

Reply 5 of 10, by chris2021

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Shhh don't go and draw attention to their significance. Thus far I don't think anyone knows.

Reply 6 of 10, by imi

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
chris2021 wrote on 2022-04-29, 09:09:

Shhh don't go and draw attention to their significance. Thus far I don't think anyone knows.

then why did you make this thread? ... I'm confused.

Reply 7 of 10, by chris2021

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I'm not sure anymore.

Reply 8 of 10, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
cyclone3d wrote on 2022-04-29, 01:40:

From the listings, it is some super proprietary rare computer stuff that is listed for crazy high prices.

Guessing the OP is selling their collection for some reason even though they "really didn't want to".

For the prices that stuff is selling for, they could probably buy a fairly nice vehicle... I saw one listing that was combined for a specific person for $3,000 USD.

I have no idea what listing it is, but if he's using the same name there (I haven't actually checked) then isn't this just a form of self-promotion of sales and therefor against the rules anyway?

If more people start doing stuff like this, all hell will break loose with covert adds which are otherwise meaningless to anyone who has no interest in buying.

Whats missing in your collections?
My retro rigs (old topic)
Interesting Vogons threads (links to Vogonswiki)
Report spammers here!

Reply 9 of 10, by chris2021

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I am not the seller. I wasn't suggesting anyone buy the c r ap, simply drawing attention to historic items.

Jesus with the continual calls for censorship. It's just a message board. No need to get up in arms about it.