VOGONS

First post, by thenix

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello all. I have an older Dell Optiplex GX1 computer recently. It didn't come with a hard drive so I just put in my own. Starting up the computer it seems to be running like normal. There is a pause before the cd drive starts up with my windows 98 disc in it, but nothing ever shows up on my monitor. I started with my monitor plugged into the on board vga. It has a riser card with expansion slots and I plugged in a graphics card in but still no video. Used a different video card on a different slot but still no video. The riser card has a light on it that shows if it is connected to the motherboard and it's lit up like it should be. I've used the VGA on the monitor with a different computer, but also moved up a different CRT and still no signal. I'm not getting error beeps or anything either. At this point I was wondering what I could look at to see why I'm not getting video. Thanks for any help.

Reply 2 of 2, by thenix

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
paradigital wrote on 2022-05-08, 05:48:

Next thing I’d do is get a POST test card installed and see if it’s actually completing the POST.

Thanks what might be what I need to do. Without video or beeps it's just guessing what is going on.