VOGONS

First post, by themajortechie

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I recently bought an Adlink M-845EG motherboard, which, in having an ICH4 southbridge and an ITE8888 PCI to ISA bridge chip, should for all intents and purposes have support for ISA DMA. It appears to be almost identical to the Diebold MBATX 845E G2B.

The problem with this board is that despite likely having ISA DMA support on the hardware level, the BIOS doesn't include any options for manually configuring PC/PCI DMA channels. As a result, I can't get my Sound Blaster AWE32 to work on the board.

I checked the BIOS in modbin to see if there was a hidden option for configuring DMA, but to my surprise, it was missing entirely!

So, is there any way to add the ability to configure DMA back into the BIOS?

Reply 1 of 1, by Warlord

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Windows 98 might let you manually confgure hardware resources. Maybe a option in the BIOS for OS controlled. You want to make sure you have serial and parallel ports disabled. You also might want to disable all but 2 USB ports or all USB ports to free up IRQ and DMA. Generally you can click on a resource in device manager and uncheck automatic and there somtimes is options.