VOGONS

First post, by HanJammer

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Thanks to a recent meeting with one VOGONer @GL1zdA who asked me about accessing my collection database public and thanks to my three week leave which I spent (in a big part) testing parts and indexing them in my db (as I need to sell some of them, and I don't like selling untested stuff) I made a partition of my collection's database public (I store more things in this db like who, when, why and for how much but these data I can't publish obviously, and yes, I effed like this in the brain, a data hoarder, working for over 20 years in the library does things like these to you, thankfully I changed the job some time ago, but I don't think I will get better ;D ).

The database was started in may 2021 and I'm constantly adding to it. Currently it contains shy over 850 records of the "loose" vintage parts I have (rough estimate - around 80% of my loose parts). It's around 50-60% of all of vintage computer stuff in my possession. I pretty much didn't added any:
- peripheral (and standalone) devices,
- boxed items,
- CPUs (some are there),
- things I have in builds,
- complete builds I use or have in storage in complete form (with no intention of parting them out),
- parts contained in the above builds,
- 8-bit machines,
- consoles,
- broken items (pretty much everything in the database is in working condition or at least I know how to repair it),
- not to mention the software.
But I'm slowly but steadily getting there.

Google sheet was developed to be pretty much in sync with my mobile app which I'm using to record all this stuff so it will be ever-updated.

I think that most of the stuff in the database won't be really of any use to most of you (unless you fancy checking out all my 1,44MB floppy drives ;D ), but the important thing is that I included good, high res photos, that some of you may need/want for reference purposes. Especially calling @computerguy08 here.

So here it is: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1BdUHw … dit?usp=sharing

Important: the database along with the photos is licensed under CC BY-NC-SA

New items (October/November 2022) -> My Items for Sale
I8v8PGb.jpg

Reply 1 of 6, by Horun

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Thanks I can use some of the pictures in my archive of stuff 😀

Hate posting a reply and then have to edit it because it made no sense 😁 First computer was an IBM 3270 workstation with CGA monitor. Stuff: https://archive.org/details/@horun

Reply 2 of 6, by Martin85

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi, if you ever see again this desktop case (the all black front) or one of the towers (mini, medium and big)... I am very much interested. I've been living with these cases most of my childhood and would really have (at least) the desktop in the picture back in my room one day. 😉 Wanted to write you in private, but can't do it yet unfortunately.

Attachments

Reply 3 of 6, by HanJammer

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Martin85 wrote on 2022-11-12, 12:59:

Hi, if you ever see again this desktop case (the all black front) or one of the towers (mini, medium and big)... I am very much interested. I've been living with these cases most of my childhood and would really have (at least) the desktop in the picture back in my room one day. 😉 Wanted to write you in private, but can't do it yet unfortunately.

I had a minitower and a desktop, but sold them some time ago. I have similar cases in my collection but not for sale right now. Also by no means it's a sales thread, so please post such queries in the PMs next time, so the mods won't get angry, as it's not allowed at VOGONS.

I8v8PGb.jpg

Reply 4 of 6, by Martin85

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I agree, this is why I also wrote to the admin about the PM limit. I still can't write a PM, that is why I used this thread.
Well if you ever come across one like that, just so you know I will buy it 😉

Reply 5 of 6, by HanJammer

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Martin85 wrote on 2022-11-12, 20:17:

I agree, this is why I also wrote to the admin about the PM limit. I still can't write a PM, that is why I used this thread.
Well if you ever come across one like that, just so you know I will buy it 😉

On the second thought I know a guy in Netherlands (I believe he is a friends with RetroSpector78) who has (had?) several of them. He is not a VOGONer but if you have a FB account you will be able to contact him. I know he was selling out some of his stuff so maybe he will be willing to sell.

I8v8PGb.jpg

Reply 6 of 6, by Martin85

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Oh wow... that would be wonderful! If I could find one of those cases in the EU region would be just perfect! Only problem is I don't have FB but maybe I could use my girlfriends'... 😁