VOGONS

First post, by jefklak

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi all,

I've been having fun with the SD-to-IDE and successfully partitioned a card with the OnTrack software and installed MS-DOS 6.22 on it. Everything works flawlessly but the SD card is unreadable except in Linux where I can add an offset flag, like this:

mount -t vfat -o offset=64512,... /dev/sda1 /mnt

But my main machine is a recent macOS one, not a Linux one. I just can't figure out how to mount an old DOS partition on macOS as I need to specify an offset, but offset is an unsupported option in both mount_msdos (mount -t msdos) and mount_exfat (mount -t exfat).

Is there anyone who knows how to provide an offset when directly mounting stuff in macOS?
I'd be very grateful, thanks so much!

(I don't know if this is the right forum, sorry if otherwise)

Reply 2 of 3, by HanSolo

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I understand it that way: you partitioned the disk in your old machine and it can't be read under MacOs, right?
Have you tried the other way? Partitioning under Mac/Linux and see if it's still readable in the DOS machine?
How large is the card and maybe try another one?

Reply 3 of 3, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

Doesn't seem as if that is possible in macOS. You can run a virtual machine with linux and access it on that, though. Doesn't sound very prectical 🙁

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper