VOGONS

First post, by Daniël Oosterhuis

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Currently, I'm working on restoring an LS-486E board. I'm missing two caps, it seems, and I can't find a detailed enough picture to read the values off. Does anyone with this particular revision of the board know the values of TC1 and TC6? I have included a borrowed picture with the capacitors in question marked. Thanks in advance.

XSJEUUW.jpg?1

(You can click the thumbnail for a larger picture)

sUd4xjs.gif

Reply 2 of 4, by Daniël Oosterhuis

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Thanks! I need some 1000uF 10V capacitors for another board, as I'm doing a big cap order for a bunch of machines I need to recap, so that is rather handy. Got a lot of time on my hands at the moment to do this sort of thing now!

sUd4xjs.gif

Reply 3 of 4, by marcushg85

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi, i recently bought this board but i couldn't find the right manual for jumper settings, i only see revision C which is quite similar but few jumpers are different. did you get it to work? with what cpu? i know this board came from an arcade machine (photoplay funworld)...

Reply 4 of 4, by JonF

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Bump, also looking for jumper settings for this board.

EDIT: I’ve found this board uses a hybrid of jumper setting from rev C1/C2 & D. Use those guides I was able to configure everything correctly.

The only jumper I don’t know is W2 which is right next to J19 (which 1/2s the PCI clock). If I switch positions for W2 the IDE auto detect fails in post.