VOGONS

First post, by MightyCucumber

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello there!

You might have seen my name around in another topic (Looking for games bundled with Sound/3D Blasters), and I think that of all places, this forum is a treasure trove in terms of old hardware and pieces of gaming and technological history.

Thus, I have a request for anyone who happens to stumble upon this thread - do you perhaps happen to have any demo disk or other software/hardware related to the game Re-Volt? I've seen several threads sharing old Software, but they're just too many to sift through! Any help would come in handy in this endeavour. 😀

For those who dont know, Re-Volt is a cult classic game that still sparks nostalgia in many, as it was one of the most successful titles of Acclaim back in the day: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Re-Volt. The community is extremely active to this day - there are several Discord channels with a couple thousands of members, so I'd argue that the game is actually experiencing its second golden age. Understandably, we are always trying to expand our knowledge about the development process of the game, concept art and anything else relating to the game's history, archiving every piece of Re-Volt history that would be otherwise lost to time.

So far we have uncovered some development archive disks, Arcade Machines, previously unknown concept sketches and even an unreleased port altogether (for the Gameboy Color). So far we have gathered up a few demos of the game as well, but we are still missing a few: https://re-volt.io/downloads/demos - these demos usually came bundled with gaming magazines, so I'm sure at least some of you could potentially have some of these lying around in your personal collections.

My hopes is that some of you will have interesting stuff to share here, and even if you dont, feel free to post some words of appreciation about the game if you happen to have enjoyed it when you were younger (perhaps even drop by our server and say hello)! 😉