VOGONS

Reply 20 of 25, by Minutemanqvs

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

...and I just add the latest available BIOS (AI61S022.ROM) in a binary format as an attachment in case someone stumbles on this post, instead of the auto-installing .exe file which updates your bios without any warning once you run it.

Attachments

• Filename
    AI61S022.ROM.zip
    File size
    117.03 KiB
    Downloads
    30 downloads
    File license
    Public domain

Searching a Nexgen Nx586 with FPU, PM me if you have one. I have some Athlon MP systems and cookies.

Reply 21 of 25, by Tomek TRV

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I have the same motherboard and it won't start. I am working far from home so I don't have much time to do something but there is one thing that interests me: under processor there should be temperature sensor and I see on photos that it looks like about 5 cm tape but on my motherboard it is cutted and only 0,5 - 1 cm left. The question is: will it run without this sensor? When I will come back to home I will finish recap, program new BIOS chip but I would like to know how it is with this temperature sensor.

Reply 22 of 25, by Minutemanqvs

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

It should run without the sensor I guess, you'll just have to disable temperature monitoring in the BIOS.

Searching a Nexgen Nx586 with FPU, PM me if you have one. I have some Athlon MP systems and cookies.

Reply 23 of 25, by Tomek TRV

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

So now I found some time to come back to this mainboard. It is not posting. I replaced all suspected capacitors, checked MOSFETs (4 close to processor), replaced BIOS chip and still no POST. I found that chip U2 on the left side of memory slots is getting very hot, I can't touch it. Symbols on it:
ICS 9179CF-06
CA930565
I cant find any informations (datasheet) about this chip. Maybe somebody can tell me what is this and give some link to datasheet?