VOGONS

First post, by bl4zz3r73553

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I am looking to add an internal floppy to my setup.
im looking for something reliable and decent. during my search i can across this
Mitsumi D359T6
and
Mitsumi D359T5
and
Sony MPF920

would any of these fall under that category?
if not anything you guys can recommend- im looking to spend no more than 60$ if i can help it

Reply 1 of 4, by chinny22

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Don't think I've ever had a Mitsumi drive die on me. The one in my very first PC back in '95 is still going strong and that got some heavy use with disks taken to school and back in my far from clean school bag.
Sony also seemed to be good quality.

These days I'd say good disks are harder to find then the drives themselves. I've a small stash but disks was the main reason I've mainly gone over to Gotek now.

Reply 2 of 4, by Ryccardo

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Got that $ony from a Dell 755, seems decently built for a drive intended to install HDD drivers for XP, more importantly it works (unlike the Panasonic that was OEM on the HP Vectra VL400 and caused me to throw away at least 10 disks) and is correctly notched even though the connector is still upside down!

Reply 3 of 4, by bl4zz3r73553

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Ryccardo wrote on 2023-08-26, 19:32:

Got that $ony from a Dell 755, seems decently built for a drive intended to install HDD drivers for XP, more importantly it works (unlike the Panasonic that was OEM on the HP Vectra VL400 and caused me to throw away at least 10 disks) and is correctly notched even though the connector is still upside down!

i ended up getting the sony seems like it is preety decent.