VOGONS

First post, by Swishkebab

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Not sure how to troubleshoot this. I installed the cards in sli and windows would show a black screen and a cursor after booting. I reinstalled windows completely and after windows installed drivers automatically, it bluescreens due to a drivver error. Noteworthy is after installing drivers on WinXP, WinXP asks me to chkdsk all my drives every single boot. It's also not letting me change resolution.

Also, I'm not planning to play games on w10, I just need it to baseline work. I tried a few different drivers without result. It sounds like software to me but i dont know.

Reply 1 of 5, by Horun

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Does it work with just one 8800GTX ?

Hate posting a reply and then have to edit it because it made no sense 😁 First computer was an IBM 3270 workstation with CGA monitor. Stuff: https://archive.org/details/@horun

Reply 3 of 5, by VivienM

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

What motherboard are you running?

And what do you mean, Windows installed drivers automatically? I don't think XP has built-in drivers for SLI-capable chipsets and definitely does not have drivers for the 8800GTX. Where are those drivers coming from?

Reply 4 of 5, by Horun

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Hmm GeForce 340.52 (2014) for XP and GeForce 342.01 (WHQL 2016) for Win10 64bit are the newest for 8 series like 8800 GTX...If Win10 auto installed a driver I would check what version it is.....
Yeah what motherboard are you using ?

Hate posting a reply and then have to edit it because it made no sense 😁 First computer was an IBM 3270 workstation with CGA monitor. Stuff: https://archive.org/details/@horun

Reply 5 of 5, by Swishkebab

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
VivienM wrote on 2023-10-22, 14:33:

What motherboard are you running?

And what do you mean, Windows installed drivers automatically? I don't think XP has built-in drivers for SLI-capable chipsets and definitely does not have drivers for the 8800GTX. Where are those drivers coming from?

I'm running a DELL XPS 720. I meant that windows 10 installed drivers automatically. I'm gonna install the driver the other person here mentioned manually, and see if that works. I think I tried it, but my memory eludes me. The hard drive thing was just me botching the dual boot. I've shuffled around drivers and on windows xp it seems to work fine.