VOGONS

First post, by ux-3

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I would like to connect two Sata SSDs to one IDE port. The other port I want for optical drives or other stuff.

Currently, I am using a bidirectional adapter, which takes up the IDE port ond provides 1x Sata out. (It has a second SATA connector, but that is labled for use in the other direction)

I am pretty sure it is possible to connect 2 SATA devices to one IDE. I have been looking for such an 1xIDE->2xSata interface, but found none. I have however seen several interfaces that would connect to the IDE cable. I just did not see any information on setting the interfaces to master and slave. I would need that feature.

So if you have managed to connect 2 sata drives to one IDE onboard port, please let me know how you did it.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by ux-3 on 2024-05-12, 17:08. Edited 1 time in total.

Retro PC warning: The things you own end up owning you.

Reply 1 of 3, by paradigital

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I’ve got a couple of cheap no-brand SATA to IDE adapter boards (the type with SATA data and power on one side, and a male IDE and molex on the other). The jumpers to select master/slave were not populated from new, but the locations for them were there. I added the headers and have managed to run both a SATA HDD and SATA ODD from the one IDE channel.

Reply 2 of 3, by ux-3

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
paradigital wrote on 2024-05-12, 16:51:

I’ve got a couple of cheap no-brand SATA to IDE adapter boards (the type with SATA data and power on one side, and a male IDE and molex on the other). The jumpers to select master/slave were not populated from new, but the locations for them were there. I added the headers and have managed to run both a SATA HDD and SATA ODD from the one IDE channel.

Thank you, that sounds promising.

Retro PC warning: The things you own end up owning you.

Reply 3 of 3, by Horun

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

There are some with the master slave jumper, like ebay part 204661665059

Hate posting a reply and then have to edit it because it made no sense 😁 First computer was an IBM 3270 workstation with CGA monitor. Stuff: https://archive.org/details/@horun