VOGONS

First post, by PowerPie5000

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I want to sell one of my towers as i have too many computers and not much space 😖 It's a well looked after Pentium III system and i'm trying to decide if i should sell it as a complete tower or just sell all the parts seperately?

The tower consists of:

Intel SE440BX-2 slot-1 motherboard (supports PII, Celeron and PIII upto 850mhz)
Intel PIII 650mhz Coppermine CPU (slot-1)
32mb Matrox G400 Max AGP graphics (Dualhead)
Yamaha YMF724 DS-XG sound card with SB-link cable (PCI)
40gb Maxtor IDE hard drive
54x Ultima CD drive
1.44mb floppy drive
dan ATX tower case
ATX PSU - i think it's a 300W Seasonic but will have to double check!

What do you guys think? Sell it all in parts or as a complete tower?

Reply 1 of 2, by retro games 100

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

IMHO, your best bet is to sell it complete, but don't do "pick up only" for the shipping option - that will kill off a lot of interest. You can get some surprisingly cheap shipping options from places like p4d.co.uk. Also, put some actual screenies on the advert too, to "prove" that it works - that seems to increase the bids on this older stuff. Good luck! 😀

Reply 2 of 2, by PowerPie5000

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
retro games 100 wrote:

IMHO, your best bet is to sell it complete, but don't do "pick up only" for the shipping option - that will kill off a lot of interest. You can get some surprisingly cheap shipping options from places like p4d.co.uk. Also, put some actual screenies on the advert too, to "prove" that it works - that seems to increase the bids on this older stuff. Good luck! 😀

It seems that complete PIII systems don't really sell well on ebay 🙁 I usually use Parcel2go.com when sending out games consoles and PC's etc.. as they are cheap. Parcel2go.com are only good as long as you never need to contact them (their customer service is by far the worst i have ever encountered!).

I forgot to mention it also has 384mb RAM (3 x matching Kingston dimms either PC100 or PC133... can't quite remember!)