VOGONS

GeForce 3

Topic actions

First post, by swaaye

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I got this Leadtek GeForce 3 a while back. Its fan had been replaced, presumably because the original bit the dust as usual, or because the owner wanted something shiny. The replacement was a Vantec Iceberq copper cooler that had a fan with worn, noisy bearings. Bleh.

No more whirring grindy stuff from this card. I had an Arctic Silver Accelero S2 just sitting around.
img2574a.th.jpgimg2568d.th.jpgimg2564xm.th.jpgimg2573j.th.jpg

I thought this was quite the spectacle. Back in its time, nobody would've dreamed of a cooler like this. 😀 And now it's just the midrange option cuz the S2 is the smaller version heh.

Reply 1 of 4, by Kippesoep

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hehe. I had the same card (and the stock fan indeed failed as well). How the heck does this fit in your computer case though? Running it with the side off?

My site: Ramblings on mostly tech stuff.

Reply 2 of 4, by Amigaz

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

This cooler is king! 😎

Even my GF FX 5950 I'm using it on makes the card look dwarfed but it's running very cool without any extra fan.

My retro computer stuff: https://lychee.jjserver.net/#16136303902327

Reply 4 of 4, by swaaye

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Kippesoep wrote:

How the heck does this fit in your computer case though? Running it with the side off?

No it's a bit narrower than the width of the average tower. 😀 GeForce3 is also a bit small really.

HunterZ wrote:

🤣 what the heck? I hope you plan to overclock it!

Well it will probably run only a bit over over ambient temp so heat wouldn't be a limiter.