VOGONS

First post, by 386DX40

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

http://www.microlabs.com/

Interesting link I just came accross. Site looks current, figured maybe some people would be interested. They also have some driver downloads!

Reply 3 of 9, by retro games 100

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

On that website it says -

"If you don't see what you need, Micro-Labs can design a custom board to your specifications"

It also says -

"If it has to do with graphics and we don't have it, let us find it or design it"

Does that mean they can make one of these?

Attachments

• bitchinfast7.jpg
    Filename
    bitchinfast7.jpg
    File size
    95 KiB
    Views
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 4 of 9, by 386DX40

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

LMAO, now that would be a site to see! I am very surprised to see anyone still selling new cards based on these ancient graphics chips. Too bad they are so expensive, otherwise I would love to have on of their 'Ultimate Truecolor/XL2' ISA cards to try out on my old 386 machine!!!!!!!

Reply 5 of 9, by swaaye

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Ya the BitchinFast will always be dreamy. Once upon it a time it was the ultimate combo of the best hardware and now it is the ultimate tribute to 1999's 3D cards. I'd build a case for it!

Reply 6 of 9, by Anonymous Coward

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I bought a second hand "Ultimate Truecolor/XL2" for $15 or something. They're pretty solid cards, but not worth the money. I was really surprised that ET4000W32i on ISA isn't the screamer I thought it would be. I'm convinced my Mach64 VRAM is faster in DOS...the RAMDAC is one hell of a lot better too.

"Will the highways on the internets become more few?" -Gee Dubya
V'Ger XT|Upgraded AT|Ultimate 386|Super VL/EISA 486|SMP VL/EISA Pentium

Reply 7 of 9, by vlask

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
swaaye wrote:

Ya the BitchinFast will always be dreamy.

Actualy if i dissasemble some old card, use some old mobos pcb, alot of glue a and some sticker with printed circuits, it can be possible to do it 😁 Ofc it will be then nice demo board like a nvidias Fermi 😉

Not only mine graphics cards collection at http://www.vgamuseum.info

Reply 8 of 9, by Svenne

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I 🤣'd when I saw the tiny AGP bus at the bottom, and realised how big that thing is. Do it!

Intel C2D 2.8 GHz @ 3.0 GHz | ASUS P5KPL | ASUS GTS250 1 GB | 4GB DDR2-800 | 500 GB SATA | Win 7 Pro/Ubuntu 9.10