VOGONS

First post, by dirkmirk

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I am having trouble getting various card readers to work properly with my micro drive.

They either are too small(CF 1) or dont seem to have enough juice to power the drive, I thought I had a good card reader that I used to make a backup image but now its seems to be the same as the rest.

The drive will make a few click sounds when I connect the card reader to the usb but wont recognise the drive, or maybe once when it feels like it andI can transfer some files until it ultimately seems to die again.

Does anyone have a reccomendation for a bullet proof card reader that will read Compact Flash type 2 micro drives????

Reply 1 of 3, by SquallStrife

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I've never had any real success using Microdrives in USB readers.

You'd be better off getting something like this http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.9304

Reply 2 of 3, by Mau1wurf1977

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

If you drive makes clicking sounds it's on it's way out...

My website with reviews, demos, drivers, tutorials and more...
My YouTube channel

Reply 3 of 3, by dirkmirk

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

The Drive is fine, works everytime in the 386, maybe it was'nt a click noise some other kind of noise indicating not enough power.

I'll have to buy a sata-ide adapter as my main machine only has 1 ide port and is used by an old DVDRW and hard disk, those CF adapters are'nt hot swappable? It would be a pain in the ass having to turn the main computer off to plug in and remove the drive.

Maybe I should just buy a flash cf card? Do they still get recognised by an old bios?