VOGONS

First post, by TheLazy1

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Does anyone have the pinout for this card?
Or what the funky connector is so I can make a cable?

Reply 1 of 11, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

heh you are making the same mistake as I did... sound input/output is from the midi/joystick port, not the middle circular one...! After searching and finding nothing I started testing all pins and got output from the joystick port. The missing breakout cable actually goes there 🤣
Unfortunately I can no longer remember what pin is what after all these years

🎵 🎧 PCMIDI MPU , OrpheusII , Action Rewind , Megacard and 🎶GoldLib soundcard website

Reply 2 of 11, by TheLazy1

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I remember that that was the mouse port, the one the sound comes from isn't any connector I've seen.
I'm not even sure how you'd figure the rest of the pins out aside from audio l/r.

Reply 3 of 11, by TheLazy1

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I emailed AMD asking if there were any technical docs that might have the pinout.
It's one hell of a long shot though.

[Edit]
AMD Says that specs and pinout are proprietary and not available to end users.

However, they're going to see what they can dig up so maybe there might be something useful still.

Audio would be easy to figure out, the other pins... not so much.

Reply 5 of 11, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Since I sold my card to someone, I re-found the pins for the audio-out... here they are for future reference...

edit:
also the drivers of the card are uploaded here: http://www.multiupload.com/OFN9Y3D0VC

Attachments

• ati_vga-stereo-fx_audio-out.png
    Filename
    ati_vga-stereo-fx_audio-out.png
    File size
    80.48 KiB
    Views
    File comment
    ATI VGA STEREO F/X audio out pins
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

🎵 🎧 PCMIDI MPU , OrpheusII , Action Rewind , Megacard and 🎶GoldLib soundcard website

Reply 6 of 11, by sliderider

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
TheLazy1 wrote:
I emailed AMD asking if there were any technical docs that might have the pinout. It's one hell of a long shot though. […]
Show full quote

I emailed AMD asking if there were any technical docs that might have the pinout.
It's one hell of a long shot though.

[Edit]
AMD Says that specs and pinout are proprietary and not available to end users.

However, they're going to see what they can dig up so maybe there might be something useful still.

Audio would be easy to figure out, the other pins... not so much.

Are you serious? They really still care about protecting their proprietary secrets on something that old? Unbelievable. It's probably not even under patent protection anymore.

Reply 10 of 11, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

you need both the knowledge and the tools to figure out the gameport pins... I lack both to that extend 🤣

Reply 11 of 11, by TheLazy1

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Whoever makes the decision for proprietary connectors is a huge dick, also, try and think of that literally for a funny mental image.
😀