VOGONS

First post, by Robin4

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Does some know where i can find a data sheet for the:

TK 85C418GVIO 4J D08 card? Its a I/O card with a graphics card on it and have IDE, floppy, game , com connectors on it.. I think that graphics card uses 2MB of video memory.. Because i see 8 chips of NEC 424256-80ns on it..

~ At least it can do black and white~

Reply 1 of 2, by Markk

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I can't find anything. But each of the 424256 chips is 128kb, so all eight of them should be 1MB, not 2.

Reply 2 of 2, by Robin4

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I want to go further on this..I found some pictures of that card on internet:

nyeg3o.jpg

54er1k.jpg

Bigger version of the back:
http://www.yjfy.com/images/oldhard/video/TK_8 … IO_4J_DO8_1.jpg

My problem for now is i cant get this card running, it doesnt seems to work on de I/O part or the VGA part.. What i know of this card ( i think it would be a great match with an older 486 system like 33 / 40 or maybe 66mhz computer) This card also seems te support a lot of graphics mode i guess.

I also tried some settings from pictures i found on the internet.. Maybe this card could be faulty.. If i put a second vga card to it, it wont either show me some display.. For the display iam using an TFT screen with D-sub connector.. I got this card second hand, so i dont know actually what wrong with it, and how they treath it.

For settings the card using H/L on the board.. I really dont know what it ment, but iam guessing it should like something like `high and `low`or so??

I really like to know what JP1 and JP2 does?? I also like to know what JP6 / JP8 is for..

And what is: UMC, ST, AV ??? And what is Active and cycle for??

Iam also red the ROM out.. Its seems there where still code in it.. Only its unclear for me if the chip is maybe dead or not.. Iam also tried with removing the rom from the board. This also didnt work..

What could be wrong? Iam using an TFT screen (old type from LG) (maybe card doesnt work on TFT??) Iam using the card on an chaintec SLD/SLP motherboard with 120Mhz cpu..

Is the system maybe to fast?? Iam also going to try this card on other motherboards i have.

If its definitely dead, what parts of the card is trying to replace them?? What parts could be drying out the last past years??
Its is possible that the vga memory is burned out?? Is there any way to test it??

~ At least it can do black and white~