VOGONS

Reply 20 of 26, by Artex

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
meljor wrote:

Here in the netherlands the 4500 is just as hard to find. I search daily (but i am not an ebay user) and they just never come up.

I guess the v4 just wasn`t popular and to be honest i never even considered one myself back in the day, the geforce2 mx was MUCH more attractive for the gaming i did.

From every version of the 3dfx series i have one up to the 5500`s in both pci and agp so i really want a v4 to complete the series 😀 The 6k just isn`t worth the money imho, i am a user and i would be scared everytime i fired it up.......

Time to get on eBay? 😀

3dfx Voodoo4 / Voodoo 4 4500 PCI, Ships WorldWide (Ebay Canada)
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/3dfx-Voodoo4-Voodoo-4- … id=641001044493

US $99.99, Approximately C $108.62

My Retro B:\ytes YouTube Channel & Retro Collection
LihnlZ.jpg

Reply 21 of 26, by sliderider

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Voodoo 4 didn't sell well when it was new which is why they're so hard to find today. They also cost as much as a V5 today because of the rarity. They got curbstomped by the GeForce 2MX when they first came out so nobody wanted them.

Reply 22 of 26, by retrofanatic

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I wonder weather the voodoo5 6000 was offered in any oem systems like gateway or dell xps systems back in the day..If so you could just try to look for those whole systems...Longshot I know but just thought it may help the search

Reply 24 of 26, by Stojke

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

As I am informed, 1000 copies of V5 6000 were ever made. I know of that auction that reached 2700$, the card came in a custom case.

Note | LLSID | "Big boobs are important!"

Reply 25 of 26, by obobskivich

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
retrofanatic wrote:

I wonder weather the voodoo5 6000 was offered in any oem systems like gateway or dell xps systems back in the day..If so you could just try to look for those whole systems...Longshot I know but just thought it may help the search

Dodge Garage 3dfx says that some Quantum3D demonstrator systems used Voodoo5 6000s as stand-ins for AAlchemy boards at some point, but I don't know if those were production machines or if said machines even exist in their entirety anymore (I would suspect not as the Voodoo card is probably worth more than any other hardware in there). You can read about that here: http://www.thedodgegarage.com/3dfx/v6k_faq.htm

Scroll *way* down (might be easier to go to the bottom and come up), and there's a little blurb about it.

Reply 26 of 26, by meljor

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Ebay prices are way too high for me.

100 dollars for a v4 4500 pci plus 35 dollars shipping? come on.... i bought a 5500 pci for 50 euro and that is as much as i will ever pay for a voodoo (and only for the v5).
It is much more fun to find them from someone who just sees it as an old card and doesn`t want to get rich off it 😀

I guess the ``hunt`` is just as much fun as having it. I searched long and hard to get the 5500 pci and 3500tv and it was a nice journey...

The v4 will lose to my ``detective skills`` but for now it still has the upper hand.....

I simply love going trough pictures of people who dump their old hardware they found still laying around in the basement. Every now and then i see a voodoo in there and buy it off them. For v1, v2 and v3 a fleamarket is a good place.

That`s another problem: the v4 is much harder to recognise on pictures (for me), so maybe you guys have any tips? I know a lot of them came with the the aavid cooler but size and layout differs a lot?

asus tx97-e, 233mmx, voodoo1, s3 virge ,sb16
asus p5a, k6-3+ @ 550mhz, voodoo2 12mb sli, gf2 gts, awe32
asus p3b-f, p3-700, voodoo3 3500TV agp, awe64
asus tusl2-c, p3-S 1,4ghz, voodoo5 5500, live!
asus a7n8x DL, barton cpu, 6800ultra, Voodoo3 pci, audigy1