Rank
Oldbie

Hi!! greetings

I will ask some help, because i feel lost

I bought a laptop Hitachi Flora PC-1010-NE64L5

Pentium 75, 32mb de ram, and a WSS sound card

I tried this drivers

http://www.classiccomputers.info/down/wss.zip

No luck.. i tried other wssxlat.exe i found on internet... no luck... nothing in bios... the soud card works ok in NT4

There is any way to use this card in DOS?

this is the internal sound card and the one i really want to use in dos...

Other question, just in case, I bought this PCmcia sound card

020.jpg

021.jpg

Hee... i found a driverin this link

PCMCIA Sound Cards

For what I see, the ratoc have a ESS1688 inside.. i tried this drivers in DOS, no luck

The card works OK in NT4, is not a hardware problem

Greetings

Reply 1 of 3, by nuschii

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
theelf wrote:

No luck.. i tried other wssxlat.exe i found on internet... no luck... nothing in bios... the soud card works ok in NT4
There is any way to use this card in DOS?

What's the problem with wssxlat.exe? Do you just have no sound or doesn't wssxlat.exe load at all?

Keep in mind, that wssxlat.exe only works with 16-bit real mode DOS programs. Protected mode programs (DOS/4GW extenders and such) can't use it.
On the other hand, treating the card as an Adlib for FM synthesis only should always work, even without wssxlat.exe loaded. Unfortunatelly, there is no way of controlling the output volume:
"Windows Sound System": How to set OPL3 volume?

As for your PCMCIA solution: Are your sure you want to go down this road? I can report from my experiences with PCMCIA and DOS:
For the card to work in DOS, you first need to setup adequate DOS drivers for your PCMCIA slot, which will allow access to the card. In the case of my Toshiba notebook, this software (Award CardWare) takes up a whole lot of memory (conventional + extended), which severely limits DOS gaming.

Reply 2 of 3, by Aqaash

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

which will probably not be a top priority for the ReactOS coders. ReactOS is coded with subsystems plugins in mind, but AFAIK, the DOS plugin has yet to be written.

We provide 1z0-058 braindumps to wikipedia with online exam training Cornell University you can also get best quality examsheets PMI along with selftestengine mcat for your Intel