Topic actions

Reply 6160 of 53196, by PhilsComputerLab

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Arrived yesterday.

mZBHQTnl.jpg

Works fine, not as cheap as I hoped, they still sell for close to $40.

And my game discs are getting to many so I got another storage box and separated originals from backups / GOG.com versions.

bwwuhK4l.jpg

YouTube, Facebook, Website

Reply 6161 of 53196, by vmunix

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
philscomputerlab wrote:
Arrived yesterday. […]
Show full quote

Arrived yesterday.

mZBHQTnl.jpg

I hope you don buy the "extreme fidelity" sticker on the chipset, dirt cheap capacitors and 4558C op amps is barely standard fidelity.

Trailing edge computing.

Reply 6163 of 53196, by PhilsComputerLab

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Lukeno94 wrote:

If that's $40 Phil, why bother getting that and not a SoundBlaster Z? Can get one of those for just another $10 or so brand new, looking at the US eBay.

Z goes for around $140 here mate 🤣 Also Australian Dollars not US.

Also it doesn't run on Windows XP...

My two 7900 GTX cards arrived yesterday!

Unfortunately only one of them works, the other one no POST and fan spinning up. Got a refund (half price) so all good. Got to clean them, they are a bit filthy.

cLJ0G2Zl.jpg

Reply 6164 of 53196, by 133MHz

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

You should try reflowing the solder on the GPU chip if you have the means to do so. Saved a non-working card from that era by doing such a while ago. 😀

http://133FSB.wordpress.com

Reply 6165 of 53196, by PhilsComputerLab

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
133MHz wrote:

You should try reflowing the solder on the GPU chip if you have the means to do so. Saved a non-working card from that era by doing such a while ago. 😀

I will likely strip both, clean them, reapply new paste. Maybe buy an after-market cooler, not sure.

Reply 6167 of 53196, by PhilsComputerLab

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Lukeno94 wrote:

Fair enough in that case, if it's that much more 😀 I've got a SoundBlaster Z in my main desktop.

So do I 😀

But it doesn't run in XP and the only other XP compatible Creative card still being sold is the Xtreme Audio which doesn't have the "real" chip on it. Therefore many games don't work with EAX.

Reply 6171 of 53196, by RacoonRider

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
bjt wrote:

Got them from ebay, this seller http://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/utn_outlet has had several new sets for sale over the last few months.

Cool speakers bjt! Have you completed the games from your sig?

Got this for Xmas as a gift from Mom 😀 Logitech M580 wireless mouse.
wireless-mouse-m560.jpg
Did not try it until today. I was aiming at some web browsing and completing my small 3DsMAX project with it... Ha-ha... The second was impossible (no 3rd button function), the first was painful. The thing clearly sucks and I feel bad because it costs quite a sum. Not only does it suck by not having the 3rd mouse button, it also sucks because the sensor is wicked and the cursor moves in waves if you move your mouse horizontally.

Reply 6172 of 53196, by Skyscraper

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Two months ago we discussed the pros and cons with buying untested parts in big lots.
The big catch is that the sellers dosnt really care enough to make sure stuff dosnt break during shipping so even if the components did work its not all all sure they still do when we get our hands on them.

Well I bought another lot, not 100% retro but the fancy DDR memory and the DFI motherboard are at least both old and sought-after.

Here is the sellers picture of the lot.
lotsofrandomcrap.jpg

And here is the sellers list describing what stuff we see in the picture.

Maxtor diamondmax 10 200gb sata
Seagate barracuda 160gb sata
IBM Deskstar ide 80gb
Leadtek px8800gt 512mb
Radeon x800xl 256mb
Ocz ddr2 512mb x2
Corsair ddr2 xms2 1gb x2
DDR2 DDR3 switch card x2
Dfi lanparty ultra D pcie
Msi p35 platinum combo
Ricoh 7 megapixel camera (new)
Some cables

I guess there are CPUs under the heat sinks but I have no idea if its a Sempron and a Celeron or something more interesting

And here is how the stuff looked when I opened the box.
Im not convinced the HDDs still work... the memory and a video card was inside that not very thick envelope scratching eachother.
The other video card... well you can see for your selves. The motherboards seems to have had a good journy though inside motherboard boxes.

notverynice.jpg

I cant really be that angry though as I only payed ~19 Euro and I would be surprised if I did not get 19 Euros worth of parts even if half of the stuff is broken.

I will report back when I know if it was as great of a deal as it seemed.

New PC: i9 12900K @5GHz all cores @1.2v. MSI PRO Z690-A. 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14. 3070Ti.
Old PC: Dual Xeon X5690@4.6GHz, EVGA SR-2, 48GB DDR3R@2000MHz, Intel X25-M. GTX 980ti.
Older PC: K6-3+ 400@600MHz, PC-Chips M577, 256MB SDRAM, AWE64, Voodoo Banshee.

Reply 6173 of 53196, by Lukeno94

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
RacoonRider wrote:
Cool speakers bjt! Have you completed the games from your sig? […]
Show full quote
bjt wrote:

Got them from ebay, this seller http://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/utn_outlet has had several new sets for sale over the last few months.

Cool speakers bjt! Have you completed the games from your sig?

Got this for Xmas as a gift from Mom 😀 Logitech M580 wireless mouse.
wireless-mouse-m560.jpg
Did not try it until today. I was aiming at some web browsing and completing my small 3DsMAX project with it... Ha-ha... The second was impossible (no 3rd button function), the first was painful. The thing clearly sucks and I feel bad because it costs quite a sum. Not only does it suck by not having the 3rd mouse button, it also sucks because the sensor is wicked and the cursor moves in waves if you move your mouse horizontally.

Sounds like a dud to me (apart from the middle mouse button), you should try and RMA it. My Hama Roma mouse was about £20, and is very quiet when clicking; it's also a very nice mouse to hold.

Reply 6174 of 53196, by RacoonRider

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Lukeno94 wrote:

Sounds like a dud to me (apart from the middle mouse button), you should try and RMA it. My Hama Roma mouse was about £20, and is very quiet when clicking; it's also a very nice mouse to hold.

Oh yo usee it's a feature, I can't return it. The middle click was replaced by mouse wheel free-spin mechanism on/off function, who needs the 3rd mouse button anyway?

Reply 6175 of 53196, by Lukeno94

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
RacoonRider wrote:
Lukeno94 wrote:

Oh yo usee it's a feature, I can't return it. The middle click was replaced by mouse wheel free-spin mechanism on/off function, who needs the 3rd mouse button anyway?

It's not that I'm getting at. It sounds like the mouse's sensor is bust based on your reported behaviour, so you should RMA it. Unless that is an intended feature as well...

Reply 6178 of 53196, by easy_john

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
sf78 wrote:

Oh yes. 30e ($35) from a local auction site. :cool:

Great! I wish, that I wold be so lucky? as you. :)

Pentium2 450/256mb/4gb/ati rage 128+voodoo2/SB awe32 8mb+db50xg/GUS PnP 8mb/TB Tropez 2mb
486 DX2-66/32mb/8gb/tseng4000 2mb/SB 16+WB/GUS 1mb/LAPC-I
286 12mhz/4mb/512mb/Vga 1mb/SB 2.0+Covox
PegasosII G4 / Amiga 4000 / Amiga1200 / Amiga 600