VOGONS

Bought these (retro) hardware today

Topic actions

Reply 7100 of 53233, by Kaasschaaf

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
HighTreason wrote:
ASUS made an ITX board for the Pavillion S7000 which took only a single DIMM. Some were regular DDR/DDR2 (Not sure) but all the […]
Show full quote

ASUS made an ITX board for the Pavillion S7000 which took only a single DIMM. Some were regular DDR/DDR2 (Not sure) but all the ones I have seen were laptop memory as they took mobile Celeron processors from the Core 2 era (In short, they were like slow Pentium III's).
img_1395-medium-.jpg

I briefly owned one of these, it was awful.

I had one of those boxes, except mine was more powerful (though not passively cooled obviously). To be more specific, a s7630.nl with a Core Duo T2050 and 1GB DDR2 (dual-channel) and a GeForce 7500LE. It was my main box between 2006 and 2010, having run XP, Vista and 7. Good memories. (and hipster cred for being an early mini-ITX user)

Main rig: i5-3450, ASRock P67 Pro3 SE, AMD HD7850, 8GB RAM, Windows 8.1
Northwood rig: Northwood 2.8GHz, Intel D865PERL, GF4 MX480, 2GB RAM, Windows XP SP1/Windows 98SE

Reply 7101 of 53233, by joe6pack

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Lukeno94 wrote:

I'm curious... did anyone ever release a Micro-ATX or similar board with just one RAM slot?

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned the Intel D945GCLF Atom board yet. I'm still running a couple of these in server type applications.

Reply 7102 of 53233, by easy_john

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Solarstorm wrote:

A little roundup from what i bought the last few weeks in an imgur gallery.
http://imgur.com/a/se5QO

Can you provide more info about 486 Industrial PC, what is the name, what scb inside.

Pentium2 450/256mb/4gb/ati rage 128+voodoo2/SB awe32 8mb+db50xg/GUS PnP 8mb/TB Tropez 2mb
486 DX2-66/32mb/8gb/tseng4000 2mb/SB 16+WB/GUS 1mb/LAPC-I
286 12mhz/4mb/512mb/Vga 1mb/SB 2.0+Covox
PegasosII G4 / Amiga 4000 / Amiga1200 / Amiga 600

Reply 7103 of 53233, by Robin4

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Today i received:

106lbie.jpg

Not the original picture, but same card and same memory configuration.
This is also my second one. Only have to look for upgrading the video memory..

This one is the original:
$_82.JPG

Iam waiting on this GUS ACE card
(also my second one)

1ht1c0.jpg

30rku2t.jpg
OLD panasonic yellow cd-rom player (seems to work fine, only have to de-yellow the bezel) (only 3 euros)

Some ATX convertor cable for older power supplys.
$_12.JPG

Also received a lot of 30 pin simms, and 72 simms.

~ At least it can do black and white~

Reply 7104 of 53233, by Stojke

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

What is special about GUS Ace?

Note | LLSID | "Big boobs are important!"

Reply 7105 of 53233, by vlask

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Slaventus86 wrote:
Just found out that my card is not just "simple" SimFUSION 6000q, it is SimFUSION 6500q - with four Radeon 9800XT cores! […]
Show full quote

Just found out that my card is not just "simple" SimFUSION 6000q, it is SimFUSION 6500q - with four Radeon 9800XT cores!

IMG_20150321_214549-300x169.jpg

And some hi-res photos:

SimFUSION6000q_f-300x144.jpg

SimFUSION6000q_f2-300x146.jpg

Wheres like button, 1st time i missing it here.... Could you tell us how much cost these days this dream card? Also waiting for drivers screenshots - they must have some special options.....

Not only mine graphics cards collection at http://www.vgamuseum.info

Reply 7106 of 53233, by Solarstorm

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
easy_john wrote:
Solarstorm wrote:

A little roundup from what i bought the last few weeks in an imgur gallery.
http://imgur.com/a/se5QO

Can you provide more info about 486 Industrial PC, what is the name, what scb inside.

http://forum.qbasic.at/viewtopic.php?t=8541&s … 69df44a7cb753f9
Here are some more pics and infos. (in german though)

My YouTube Channel

Reply 7107 of 53233, by luckybob

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
joe6pack wrote:
Lukeno94 wrote:

I'm curious... did anyone ever release a Micro-ATX or similar board with just one RAM slot?

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned the Intel D945GCLF Atom board yet. I'm still running a couple of these in server type applications.

thats ITX not uATX

It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

Reply 7108 of 53233, by Robin4

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Stojke wrote:

What is special about GUS Ace?

Its easier to combine with an soundblaster card.. Its designed for that purpose..
The ace can disabled the adlib part so it wont conflicting with the adlib from the soundblaster.

The ACE is not more then an Ultrasound pass-through soundcard without any hassle to make it work with other cards that conflict an regular ultrasound card.

~ At least it can do black and white~

Reply 7109 of 53233, by King_Corduroy

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I didn't buy these I got them for free but it's still cool and certainly retro. 😁

Sorry don't know much about this system yet except that it's a microcomputer with an 8088 cpu (I think) and it is not working / is missing the keyboard. It switches on and the screen works but it doesn't appear to be self testing or anything.

z1_by_mad_king_corduroy-d8mpz72.jpg

z2_by_mad_king_corduroy-d8mpz6w.jpg

z3_by_mad_king_corduroy-d8mq07s.jpg

Also I got this PS/2 monitor that works but may need to be adjusted since it's a bit dark / out of focus.

ibm1_by_mad_king_corduroy-d8mpz9c.jpg

ibm2_by_mad_king_corduroy-d8mpz8y.jpg

mon_by_mad_king_corduroy-d8mouql.jpg

Also this old Taxan RGB Color monitor that is IBM PC / APPLE II / APPLE III compatible.

t1_by_mad_king_corduroy-d8mpz7x.jpg

t2_by_mad_king_corduroy-d8mpz7i.jpg

t3_by_mad_king_corduroy-d8mpz7c.jpg

Also this Gateway pentium III I'm going to tear down for parts.

g_by_mad_king_corduroy-d8mpz9u.jpg

In the Zenith were these cardboard pieces to protect the drives 🤣.

k1_by_mad_king_corduroy-d8mpz8k.jpg

k2_by_mad_king_corduroy-d8mpz8a.jpg

Check me out at Transcendental Airwaves on Youtube! Fast-food sucks!

Reply 7110 of 53233, by ODwilly

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

That is a CLEAN looking Gateway!

Main pc: Asus ROG 17. R9 5900HX, RTX 3070m, 16gb ddr4 3200, 1tb NVME.
Retro PC: Soyo P4S Dragon, 3gb ddr 266, 120gb Maxtor, Geforce Fx 5950 Ultra, SB Live! 5.1

Reply 7111 of 53233, by Lukeno94

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
ODwilly wrote:

That is a CLEAN looking Gateway!

Yeah, if it works, it's a shame that you're planning to take it to pieces.

Reply 7112 of 53233, by King_Corduroy

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

It's just a Pentium 3 system though, nothing particularly special about it and I certainly don't need more computers. 🤣

Meh maybe I'll sell it or something if it works but I'm certainly not going to keep it. I'm more interested in the broken Zenith than that thing. 🤣

Reply 7113 of 53233, by Lukeno94

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
King_Corduroy wrote:

It's just a Pentium 3 system though, nothing particularly special about it and I certainly don't need more computers. 🤣

Meh maybe I'll sell it or something if it works but I'm certainly not going to keep it. I'm more interested in the broken Zenith than that thing. 🤣

"Just a Pentium 3" - 5-10 years ago, things were "just a Pentium". 😉 If no one saves these things now, there'll be nothing left to save. The Zenith is definitely interesting... I wonder if as little as fitting a keyboard would fix it?

Reply 7114 of 53233, by ODwilly

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

To be fair you can not save everything, and when you have enough computers you have enough computers. I am starting to figure out what I want to keep, what I want as backups/spares and what is going to end up sold or given away.

Main pc: Asus ROG 17. R9 5900HX, RTX 3070m, 16gb ddr4 3200, 1tb NVME.
Retro PC: Soyo P4S Dragon, 3gb ddr 266, 120gb Maxtor, Geforce Fx 5950 Ultra, SB Live! 5.1

Reply 7115 of 53233, by idspispopd

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
King_Corduroy wrote:

I didn't buy these I got them for free but it's still cool and certainly retro. 😁

Sorry don't know much about this system yet except that it's a microcomputer with an 8088 cpu (I think) and it is not working / is missing the keyboard. It switches on and the screen works but it doesn't appear to be self testing or anything.

My guess is it's a Zenith Z-120, see eg. http://home.earthlink.net/~z100lifeline/data/Z100Begin.html
An 8085 and an 8088 CPU. Kind-of MS-DOS compatible.

Reply 7116 of 53233, by King_Corduroy

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Yeah that's what I thought as well. It's freaking cool as hell, I'm going to have to find a keyboard for it and try to get it to boot up. Hmm the info on that page is interesting! I can't wait to look at this thing more. 😁

This thing is literally my ideal 8088 computer with it's all in one design, it's just so goddamn cool looking. 🤣

Reply 7117 of 53233, by Sutekh94

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Yeah, I'd recommend trying to fix up that Zenith you have as well. That thing looks uber cool, and it's an 8088! 😎

That one vintage computer enthusiast brony.
My YouTube | My DeviantArt

Reply 7118 of 53233, by sliderider

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
luckybob wrote:
Lukeno94 wrote:

MICRO? with only one? Thats like intentionally selling a 3-legged horse. All i've EVER seen is 2 or 4. hell, my micro atx server board has 6 slots and 2 cpus. 😜 there's literally NO reason to shoot yourself in the foot over 1 memory slot on micro-atx.

Now if you got ITX, thats a whole different story, and 1 slot is common.

A motherboard with only 1 memory slot might be an OEM version of the motherboard. They don't want you upgrading your system when it starts to get slow or can't run the latest software any more. They want you to buy a new computer. Limiting your upgrade options forces that.

Reply 7119 of 53233, by sliderider

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
King_Corduroy wrote:

I don't think that's an 8088 machine. Probably a 8080/8085 or Z80. You would need a CP/M floppy if that's the case, and good luck finding software for it. Most of the CP/M repositories closed down a long time ago and there's not a lot of people sharing the software any more. There might be a couple of websites with *SOME* of the formerly vast collection of CP/M software, but I strongly suspect that much of it is permanently lost.