Rank

Got it 2 days ago locally

It hasn't been used since the mid 2000s and has theses nice specs

Pentium200MMX
32MB RAM
2.5GB HardDrive
ATI Mach64
Windows 95

I've also decided to install an AWE64 into the machine since it originally had no sound card whatsoever

Only thing I noticed so far is that when I run games using the AWE32 MIDI synth mode with DOS Games, the instruents would cut out (This doesn't happen when I play MIDIs directly under Windows on Windows programs)
And under DOS mode I can't use the AWE32 MIDI Synth for some reason (Though Sound Blaster 16 sound effects work fine)

And yes, so far it runs alot of games very well including Duke Nukem 3D, Magic Carpet, and Quake:)

It even runs Alien Carnage and Jazz Jackrabbit without the need for Moslo or TPPatch:)

Last edited by CompuClassics on 2017-11-23, 22:55. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 1 of 4, by QBiN

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Unless a DOS game supports the AWE32/64 explicitly, you'll need the AWEUTIL TSR to get it to emulate General MIDI on port 330... and that's only for games that don't run in protected mode.

Also, make sure you have a copy of CTCM (Creative Configuration Manager). It sets up the AWE32/64 PnP hardware and creates the correct "SET BLASTER" DOS environment variables for DOS games to find the hardware in a lot of cases.

Nice Enlight case, BTW. Now all you need is a Monster 3D and you'll be rocking like it's 1996.

Reply 2 of 4, by CompuClassics

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I've finally gotten a proper MS-DOS Mode configuration setted up and ready to go:D
The only thing I noticed about the Mach64 card is that when running Earthworm Jim and Pitfall The Mayan Adventure for Windows 95 under the 320x224 mode, there's a wierd artifact that appears when everything is moving in a certain direction which is something that I never seen on another machine with a S3Trio64V2 card. (Only way to eleminate it so far is to either run in a window or run in 320x200 which crops the top and bottom of the screen in the process)

Reply 3 of 4, by Godlike

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

What resolution and FPS on Quake under ATI Mach64? Is it 2MB? What driver do you use?

5xv2YSm.png
ASUS P2B-F, PII 450Mhz, 128MB-SDR, 3Dfx Diamond Monster 3D II SLI, Matrox Millennium II AGP, Diamond Monster Sound MX300

Reply 4 of 4, by nforce4max

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Not bad but you need to work on mounting that hard drive properly, that bracket slides and then snaps into place on a set of rails. Nice case, good cases are getting hard to find these days.

On a far away planet reading your posts in the year 10,191.