VOGONS

First post, by boxpressed

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Anyone else have one of these? I picked one up not long ago but didn't have a chance to test it until today. Well-made and heavy! Although it was designed for MAME, it works great with some games that allow keyboard customization. It's basically a supplemental keyboard (your regular PS/2 keyboard plugs into the back of it). It's great with Descent, for example. These pop up on eBay and don't sell for much because they use a PS/2 connector and were supplanted by the X-Arcade. I have the latter too, but like this one for its "period correct-ness."

The one below is the SE version, which comes with a lot more buttons than the regular version.

photo%209.jpg

Reply 1 of 1, by MMaximus

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I used to own one of these... bought around 2002 IIRC -I think the X-Arcade didn't exist back then. It's a very good quality device, but bulky and heavy. I sold it because I found I wasn't really using it much and it was taking too much space. Here's a pic I kept. But if you have the space and can get one cheap, go for it, they're great for Mame and stuff.

rsJpkKb.jpg

Hard Disk Sounds