VOGONS

First post, by Niezgodka

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hi. I try to install drivers for ESS1978. Would you post your autoexec and config sys settings?
I have no option of installing Windows 98 (no cd-rom) so it is very important for me.
Regards.

Reply 1 of 7, by traxxion

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

To be honest, I am not having much success getting the Maestro 2E in my Compaq M300 working consistently, so I'm just about ready to give up on it in DOS, but I think as far as the config/autoexec go it is just:

config.sys
device=c:\aecu.sys

autoexec.bat
c:\MAESTRO.COM

However, the DOS sound will not work without a functioning Windows 98 install, because it uses the resource settings specified in Windows, so this may not help you

Reply 2 of 7, by Niezgodka

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I have a problems with installation of Windows 98. I have PCMCIA DVDROM. I have a boot disk for it. However in the middle of instalation it asks me if I'm installing from PC card. Then, no matter what I do I have multiple drivers problems, including no sound.

Reply 5 of 7, by PhilsComputerLab

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Niezgodka wrote:

You mean to copy installation cdrom on hdd and run it from there? I never tried it.

Yup, that works very well 😀

I copy it into C:\W98 and run it from there. Also makes installing drivers easier when it needs to ask for the Windows 98 CD.

YouTube, Facebook, Website

Reply 6 of 7, by lolo799

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Niezgodka wrote:

You mean to copy installation cdrom on hdd and run it from there? I never tried it.
Should I install Dos first or after Win98?

Just use your boot disk for the pcmcia dvd-rom and copy the win98 directory to your hdd, no need for the entire cdrom.

PCMCIA Sound, Storage & Graphics

Reply 7 of 7, by Niezgodka

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Ok. I have Windows 98 on Drive C. Sound works on it. Now I installed DOS 7.10 over Windows. I use dos settings for a card (autoexec and config). Some programs recognize SBPro, its DMA and IRQ but no still sound.
Maestro during booting recognizes card as well.
Should I install DOS on another partition? Install it first before windows?